looking for some experience!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

matt0058

Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
Toronto
Hey guys not sure of this is the right place to do this but what the hell I will take the chance. I live in Toronto and went to culinary school here and I love smoking meat more than anything else. Lately I have been thinking of heading down south to get some experience with some amazing pit masters and I was wondering if any of you guys had any advice.

You know if it was me I'd find a highly rated BBQ resturant and ask them to train you as the competition style isn't really geared for what you would make for yourself from what I understand. Maybe Skylight Inn in Ayden NC or Hill's BBQ in Lexington NC I bet you could pay them half what Myron charges to teach you. Both places have been around forever I know I live in NC and are both Pitt cooked I think Skylight started in the 1800's. there are places that boil the meat so run from them. I've been planning to do this exact same thing offer a donation to their church for few days of instruction or pay upfront.

Good luck!

If you are anywhere near VA on the 19th of October let me know.  We don't claim to be experts but will have a 60" Lang going for the weekend at a cabin in the mountains.  Heck we won't even ask for a passport unless you are from New York city. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky