Looking for opinions on Camp Chef PG24MZG

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ordinary guy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 5, 2015
Pittsburgh
I am looking for opinions on adding a Camp Chef PG24MZG to my smokers.......

I also will probably b e adding a pizza oven as the weather warms up....... good , bad, Indifferent ???

Plus and minus would be helpful ... I prefer personal opinions rather than checking out on the internet

Thanks in advance for anything you can give me

I just happened to see this review, from last year, recently. I don't have either but found the comparison interesting. See what you think...JJ

I have had a CC24DLX for 8 years best decision I have made other than my bride 42 years ago. I have three boys that bought them, then I had 4 friends take my advice.

Attachments

• BAFFE874-A1A3-4FB4-817D-21018B0CFCC7.jpeg
    BAFFE874-A1A3-4FB4-817D-21018B0CFCC7.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 9
I don't see the PG24MZG on CampChef's website these days. I found an old listing saying they were out of stock(does that mean discontinued?). I still found a listing for it on Amazon though.

With all that said I bought the PG24SGC grill earlier this year that seems to be about the same thing with a bigger pellet hopper but w/o the front shelf, which can be added. I'm happy with it except for the usual complaint of smoke flavor - I'm an ole stick burner. I love the firebox clean-out. I've yet to have to vacuum out the cooker. The pellet chute is great for when you want to change pellets as I have done when trying new brands and flavors. I've recently acquired the Amazen tube and will try it on the next cook. Look at Home Depot, they have the SGC version at a good price.

BTW, I've used B&B Pecan and Hickory pellets, CampChef Hickory, and LumberJack 100% Hickory and the LJ is my favorite so far. I still have some Bear Mountain Mesquite to try.

I am looking for opinions on adding a Camp Chef PG24MZG to my smokers.......

I also will probably b e adding a pizza oven as the weather warms up....... good , bad, Indifferent ???

Plus and minus would be helpful ... I prefer personal opinions rather than checking out on the internet

Thanks in advance for anything you can give me
I know this is an old post but wanted to say this is the exact model I have. I've had it for a little over a year now!! Best purchase I've ever made!! The front shelf is a great option!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky