Lookin At a Food Slicer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
icon_cool.gif

Now looking at it. It looks like a good product and all but. Looking at the reviews first there was only 2 so and neither of them is good. So I might have to check the products here for a review and see if it is any better. You might want to check in craigs list for maybe a better deal.

From what I've researched lately, since I need a new slicer, too, the consensus seems to be that while it is a good slicer it is difficult to clean.  The Chef's Choice brand seems better liked from the reviews I've read.  I have the Waring Pro deep fryer and couldn't be happier with it, and generally trust Waring stuff, but I'm not convinced on this slicer.

I got the Chefs Choice slicer a few months ago and am very happy with it so far. Used it to slice up some BBB and a ham. Really did a nice job. Easy to clean up also.  Paid $99 for it on sale at Sears.

Our local Sam's Club has those for $49.99 and Cabelas has them on sale right now for about the same. It is a decent slicer for the price. If you are expecting a commercial slicer you will be disappointed. I don't think it is that bad to clean considering the amount of time it would take to slice stuff by hand. Lowes is asking too much IMHO. I bought mine over a year ago for less than half of what Lowes is asking.

Thanx gang. Like I said, I wasn't really lookin for one but it caught my eye. I have been thinkin bout joinin Sam's Club and I think I will. I'll check out what all they have there.

--ray--

I have this model and have sliced many briskets,pork loins,veggies,and been very satisfied with the performance. The clean up can be some what cumbersome,and it is not really great at "cutting da cheese". Overall for the price I don't think you can go wrong. Oh forgot the bar that it travels needs to be wiped down with some oil occasionally. Good Luck

My partner has this same slicer. Its a decent slicer especially if its only 49 at another store. Like said above its not the easiest to clean but it really isnt that bad either.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky