Look What The Wife Found For Me !!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by waterinholebrew, Sep 9, 2016.

1. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hey all, got home from work today & seen this sitting in the driveway ! My wife found this today & surprised me with it tonite ! :yahoo:

2. nimrod

nimrod Meat Mopper

You got yourself a good woman! Nice find on the smoker too.

Craig

3. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Cool!

What a great woman!!

Al

4. gearjammer

gearjammer Master of the Pit

WHB, Great lady.

Got you a nice smoker.

Man, you're livin' the life.

Enjoy that smoker, may it give you many happy 

and delicious smokes.

5. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Woohoo! Was there a pile of salmon fillets in the fridge, next to the case of beer she brought home too?

6. cmayna

cmayna Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Exactly!!    Nice addition to the smoker family.

7. smokeymose

smokeymose Master of the Pit

You're a lucky guy! I've been told I'm not allowed any more smokers because of patio space (sigh).
    I hope she at least got some flowers...

8. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great Lady!!![​IMG]

Congrats, Justin!![​IMG]

I'm with Case & Craig----Gets some Salmon to go with that, instead of Fries.[​IMG]

Bear

9. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Very cool Justin! Your Mrs. is sure good to you! You'll get lots of good smoke outa that Little Chief...lookin forward to seeing the qview! Thumbs Up

Red

10. lovethemeats

lovethemeats Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

She loves you more than you can realize. Now start smoking her a dinner.

11. crankybuzzard

crankybuzzard Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

She's a keeper for sure!

12. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great gift from the Mrs, Justin. Lucky guy. Ive been looking for a used chief for a long time--no luck so far.

Gary

13. b-one

b-one Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Congrats on the addition!

14. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Thanks all, my better half is awesome... I'm lucky to have her for sure !

The smoker still works, tossed some apple chips in the pan & TBS soon was there ! It was in great shape for its age, just had to re-season the racks... No biggie there ! I think this is bout 30+ yrs old (if any of you all know, please correct me) ! Very happy so far ! Planning on some salmon nuggets tomorrow to get er back in action !

15. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Expecting pics of the nuggets.

16. cmayna

cmayna Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Just in case you need a replacement part for your new family member,  here's a pretty good source:

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/smokers/

Also some day when you are absolutely bored, you might think about replacing the low wattage element with a bigger one which has a controller.  Both of my big chiefs were converted over.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  17. betaboy

betaboy Meat Mopper

What a nicey!!! Nice looking smoker too! [​IMG]

18. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

She got an eye for good smokers. This is an old one like the one i started on back in 1970, still have it works great, original rack system and wood pan, gave it to my son.

19. lancer

lancer Smoking Fanatic

We've got two Little Chief top loaders and they are the real deal for fish and cheese.  One trick if you want really cold smoke is to place a couple of wood slats across the top of the smoker and put the rack frame on them.  Then cover it with a box, the closer fitting the better.  You'll get thin cold smoke with good air circulation and no heat-perfect for cheese.

Nice score and you're a lucky man.

They are still being made and I just checked Wally World's website,  They'll sell you one for $115 with free shipping (USD).  Someone else may have them for less, too.  Mine were used when I bought them about 25 years ago and are still going strong.

Lance

20. Nice smoker!