Local pitmakers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slowburningdc

Original poster
Jul 20, 2017
Washington, DC
Hello there and greetings from DC!

I was curious if anyone has bought a pit made in the DC/MD/VA area. I see ads for custom pits on Craigslist from time to time and I wonder if any of them are worth looking into.

Meadow creek out of New Holland PA makes smokers look them up on line and check for a local dealer they have many dealers in the area. Sorry for late reply have not been on much lately.

Warren

Hello there and greetings from DC!

I was curious if anyone has bought a pit made in the DC/MD/VA area. I see ads for custom pits on Craigslist from time to time and I wonder if any of them are worth looking into.
Hey Slowburningdc, I looked around quite a bit and was willing to spend a considerable amount of money but eventually settled on a "Pit Barrel". Very reasonable and does everything I want, especially with a pit blower attachment to regulate the heat.

Bowie, MD

Last edited:
I know that lang smokers are hours away from you and shipping form them is high, but its worth every penny you pay!(or the road trip to go get it yourself!) If you are going to go with a handmade steel stick burner you wont be disappointed! I have had a 36" original patio since Feb 2016 and it has been worth every penny i have paid for it. I smoke with it almost every weekend and get hours of enjoyment and relaxation as well as several meals of awesome food every time i use her. Just my 2 cents.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

I dont know about any local pit makers but "The Grill Center" in Annapolis Maryland on RTE 2 stocks several brands of smokers.
Yoder, Green Egg, Gateway Drum, Louisiana, Weber, and I saw a small cabinet smoker as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky