Lets Make Summer Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Using some Owens BBQ mixes.
Going with 2.5 pounds each. Going lean ground beef 90/10

The German is going SS (dont feel like emulsifying)
Might add some ECA to the north country and Sako to the German.
Using the snoopy smoker to make the German official...lol

gbnc4.jpg

Got a delay on the SS
Gout flare up in my foot. Weeble wobble...lol

OK EDIT.
My wife said show me what i need and how much of each to mix up...

Ok

First some North country. 2.5 lbs.
wmix.jpg

noss.jpg

Now 2.5lbs German.
germss.jpg

In the fridge and ready to stuff tomorrow. Will add ECA and Saco tomorrow before stuffing.

Didn't know ya had gout. Sorry to hear that...gout sucks.
I had to freeze the meat until this junk is out of my foot.
My rheumatologist calls it gounty arthritis.

SO

I will get to this soon i hope.

My rheumatologist calls it gounty arthritis.
Had it in my right foot . Some of the worse pain I've ever had . I never had the pills , but drank tart cherry juice to help clear it up . Seemed to work .

Had it in my right foot . Some of the worse pain I've ever had . I never had the pills , but drank tart cherry juice to help clear it up . Seemed to work .
Friend of mine in the UK told me about a drink to make. Hot boiling water. Take the yellow off a lemon. squeeze the juice into a bowl, cut the rind off (white part) put rind and juice into the cup of hot water and sip on it. He said in a day you will have the gout being neutralized. Drink vinegar with the mother 2 T 2x daily until the soreness is gone. Im going to try it.
Yes it is very painful

Reactions: chopsaw
Let me know . The cherry juice relieved it in a couple days to the point I could wear shoes . Never made that drink , but did shots of apple cider vinegar twice a day . Now I take the ACV pills .
Cherry pie filling is something else that helps .
Good luck bud . I feel for ya .

I hope you can get a handle on it . I haven't had but a couple friends have. They said it is terrible.

Making me hungry just looking. My last batch was a failure. I think I overdid the ECA and that caused it to harden to the point where only the dog liked it.

Nice . Perfect texture and color . Another reason I like the Owens mixes is they add sodium erythorbate in the mix .
I used the German , it's a good one . I also have garlic SS that I still need to use .
Nice work as always .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky