Let's Build A Smokehouse

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
All the sides are built.
Now just cut the floor for the base and start putting together.

IMG_7848.JPG

OK I understood it is a smoker. The reason I asked is I built one a few years ago and used 1X8 board that was pine. And after a couple of seasons I am getting pine pitch dripping out of the knot holes, was just trying to save you the trouble if you were doing the same.
Good luck with the build and watching.

Reactions: crazymoon
OK I understood it is a smoker. The reason I asked is I built one a few years ago and used 1X8 board that was pine. And after a couple of seasons I am getting pine pitch dripping out of the knot holes, was just trying to save you the trouble if you were doing the same.
Good luck with the build and watching.
Appreciate the info but learned year ago not to use any pine with builds.

This will be my second build.

Here is my first build, did a 24 hour smoke season before I added any sticks/summer. Use exterior osb and it served me well.

mysmh6.jpg

Just make sure the door jamb is the right size... Don't want to have to take the sawzall all down the jamb for the door to fit (like we had to do Jerry's)

Reactions: JLeonard
Today was the day to git it built.

My SIL wouldn't be able to come help for while so me and wife started it.

Glad I kept the rv pad blocks.
smhb0.JPG

We have the back wall just sitting on grass, thats why its leaning.
smb1.JPG

We got the front and back on and braced.
smb2.JPG

Then SIL comes over to do the hard stuff.
smb3.JPG

smb4.JPG

smb5.JPG

smb6.JPG

Now the roof.
smb7.JPG

smb8.JPG

smb9.JPG

I would say 85% done.
smb10.JPG

Just burn it down....That 3/16th of an inch is making my eye twitch! :emoji_laughing: And I can hear the neighbors on the hill..."Martha, what ya think hes doing now?" :emoji_laughing:

Oh but wait til the smoke starts rolling....They'll be hanging on the fence with their tongues out.

Jim

I saw the pic of your other build, with a pellet hopper. How has that worked out? I'm wanting to build one, but capable of 225-275 temps.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky