• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

LEM mixer and emulsification of meats

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 26, 2015
I was looking to get the 25 pound lem mixer that I can add on to the #12 big bite grinder. I make braunschweiger and hot dogs where you need to emulsify the meat. The drill mixer I use will do that just forcibly smearing the meat and fat together in mixing. The heavy drill has a higher rpm than I imagine the mixer has. Will the mixer emulsify the mix if left to it for a while or just going to keep mixing.

Would I be better making a kirby bucket to emulsify meats?

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I use our KA mixer, but we do small batches.
Al

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 26, 2015
I saw a video showing a wet sausage mix and it looked pretty close to emulsified. All I did with the hotdogs and braunschweiger was heavy mixing. Worst case I guess I have to try and use the food processor or mixing bucket again a bit.

Damn firewood gave me tennis elbow and trying to find labor saving devices as I grow older now. I have too many hobbies and use the economy of scale to save time. I normally make 20 pound batches when I make anything.

{EDIT] the wife ordered it for Christmas so if no one else updates I will update this later.

Last edited:

Slow42

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 18, 2019
If your drill is variable speed you could use a rheostat to control the drill to any speed you want. Simple to build and cost very little.

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 26, 2015
Its a monster 1/2" drill. If the big bite is too slow I assume I could always try the drill on it. Not sure if they warranty it for 1700 RPM's.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks