• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Leg quarters qview

so ms smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 20, 2010
  This is my first smoked leg quarters. Brined and then rubbed over and under the skin. They were great!

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
They look great! One thing i learned for the guys and girls here is to wrap some foil on your water pan first,then add the water it helps a ton when its time to clean.And do the bottom too just leave a hole for the drip pan.It works like a charm!! Clean up is a snap!!!

so ms smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 20, 2010
  Thanks for the idea. It was a mess. I had read to spray everything with non-stick cooking spray first, but I forget in my rush to smell the smoke!

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Well your legs look awesome and I know that they tasted as good as they look.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Nice color, bet they were tasty!

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Beautiful color!!!

Bear

bigcbbq

Joined Nov 9, 2010
How long did they take to hit that final temperature and what temperature range throughout? Is this a  charcoal or wood fire smoker. Was there a lot of fat grease drip off? I have a big project coming up soon to do a lot of leg quarters, that grease gets me everytime. What was the foundation of your magic rub? A lot of paprika?

Thanks,

Big C

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
Those are some great looking quarters... The color is beautiful...

fester

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 20, 2010
They look great! What temp did you smoke at? And how long did they take?

so ms smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 20, 2010
  Thanks for all the comments. Wish I could send you all one, but they didn't last that long!

so ms smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 20, 2010
 BigC, Iwant to say 3-4 hours in an electric smoker at 225 degrees. The color is mostly paprika from using Jeffs rib rub. It is good stuff! Try it as directed then adjust to your likes. I like it as is.and have only had great reviews from friends.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.