Leg quarters qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

so ms smoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 20, 2010
Gulfport, MS
  This is my first smoked leg quarters. Brined and then rubbed over and under the skin. They were great!
1015901a_Picture123.jpg
ac9d2c03_Picture125.jpg
4819be8b_Picture126.jpg
d9f67bb3_Picture124.jpg

Reactions: geronimo
They look great! One thing i learned for the guys and girls here is to wrap some foil on your water pan first,then add the water it helps a ton when its time to clean.And do the bottom too just leave a hole for the drip pan.It works like a charm!! Clean up is a snap!!!

Thanks for the idea. It was a mess. I had read to spray everything with non-stick cooking spray first, but I forget in my rush to smell the smoke!

icon_cool.gif

Well your legs look awesome and I know that they tasted as good as they look.

How long did they take to hit that final temperature and what temperature range throughout? Is this a  charcoal or wood fire smoker. Was there a lot of fat grease drip off? I have a big project coming up soon to do a lot of leg quarters, that grease gets me everytime. What was the foundation of your magic rub? A lot of paprika?

Thanks,

Big C

Those are some great looking quarters... The color is beautiful...

Thanks for all the comments. Wish I could send you all one, but they didn't last that long!

BigC, Iwant to say 3-4 hours in an electric smoker at 225 degrees. The color is mostly paprika from using Jeffs rib rub. It is good stuff! Try it as directed then adjust to your likes. I like it as is.and have only had great reviews from friends.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky