Leftover brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Mark Adams

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 6, 2018
SC
I plan on smoking a 13# brisket tomorrow for the 4th. No party planned, just practicing my brisket cook. There’s no way my wife and I can eat all of the meat before it goes bad, what’s the best way to preserve the leftovers? What’s the best way to reheat them? (I don’t have a sous vide machine and don’t plan on buying one)

Thanks,
Mark

You don’t need a sous vide machine but do you have a vacuum sealer? To me it’s worth the investment for bbq leftovers alone. Keeps them very fresh and you can reheat in simmering water.

We do things like tacos, chili, enchiladas all sorts of things with our leftover q. The vacmaster makes all the difference in the quality of them.

But if not keep them wrapped well in Saran or foil, and reheat covered in the oven w a little water/steam to keep from drying out. Get your house smelling good all over again!

I agree with Saint, he is spot on about having the tools to preserve your cooks. We spend a pretty penny on smokin meat and part of recouping that cost is making some great tasting left overs. However if it were me, most of the brisket leftovers would go straight in a chili.

My dad has one, I’ll be sure and bag some up for him as a “rental fee”
Thanks y’all, fingers crossed for leftovers worth saving this time

I vacc seal any thing not being eaten in the next 5 days. For reheating brisket, I just put mine in a covered dish with some au jus and 350 for a while in the oven, super tender.

Check out Poutine; sure it's not -traditionally- made with chopped brisket but hey..

Haha George, I’m gonna try not to eat it all. My wife isn’t a huge fan and I don’t want to turn it into a chore. Plus, if I freeze it the next day, there will be more for later

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky