Least and Most Favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Green Bean casserole is good. Try the recipe on French's crispy onions

I agree with Tank!
I hated Green Bean Casserole when I was a kid, but love it now. And Mrs Bear uses that same recipe!!
Also give my "Hot Bacon Dressing (PA Dutch)" a try. I Guarantee you'l love it !!!
Hot Bacon Dressing (Pennsylvania Dutch)

Bear

Yes Gary there were a lot of families shipped all over , there are still some large Acadian areas here in Nova Scotia, and tons of great foods also. Took me awhile to try rappie pie , but once I did I love it .

Lots in the Expulsion from Nova Scotia went to Louisiana area etc.

Terrible for how it was done and why,

David
Had to google Rappi Pie, but it sounds good, David. I'm gonna try a smaller version of it, but use skinless, boneless chicken breasts instead of whole chickens.
Thanks for the idea.
Gary

Had to google Rappi Pie, but it sounds good, David. I'm gonna try a smaller version of it, but use skinless, boneless chicken breasts instead of whole chickens.
Thanks for the idea.
Gary
Like I mentioned I did not try Rappie for years as it looks like congealed fat/water mix from a pot after the turkey/chicken was cooked in it.:emoji_anguished:
BUT it is very good, and problably many family variations on how it is done. I sort of watched a friends family make it , but it was an all day process from the cooking of the chickens to the grated potatoes and than squeezing out the water etc etc , full day great meal.:emoji_sunglasses:

David

3 small containers heavy cream. It needs to be the heavy cream. The containers look like the little cartons you got milk in at school.
16oz chocolate bar. Any brand will work. Regular candy bar type.
Put cream in pot. Break up the chocolate and add to it.
Heat on low until chocolate is thoroughly melted. And it starts to low boil. Stir constantly.
Put in fridge covered it needs to set for 24 hours in fridge.
Take out and whip until stiff.
Then serve. We add whipped cream on top. You can also grate some chocolate on top.
Amazing stuff!
Question on your recipe. Is the chocolate bar a 1.6 oz. or a 16 oz. Just seamed that a pound was alot.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky