Labor Day Weekend, What's Ya Smokin'

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

solar

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 26, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
I just realised this morning that Labor Day is this weekend, I was thinking of taking a Saturday off from smoking, but how can you when you have a long weekend?
smile.gif
I'm thinking about doing a meatloaf, and a fattie, since I've covered most of the meat groups except turkey, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

What is everyone else planning for the weekend, or is it to soon yet?

Labor Day weekend is still an uncertainty. That uncertainty being work. But eaarly plans are for 1 day fajitas and the next either brisket or ribs. I want brisket, my wife wants ribs. But I am doing all the smoker work so hopefully I will win out. The fajitas are a definite. I have some steaks in the freezer that are going to be up around the end of September, so now is a good time. Things are looking better for next year. I was able to pick up most of a pecan tree from a tree company this morning. Lots of splitting, drying and chunking for next year. Too bad mesquite doesn't grow in NE Kansas.

ever since we had rain, we have had an explosion of frogs..toads I can't tell the differnce..but they have huge ole legs..was thinking about sighting in the pellet rifles and having a safari in my back yard.( just turn up the pwr on the scope and they look a lot larger.) the machete is like a razor and the ole choppin block has been cleaned off by the rains. this could turn out to be a fun weekend.

frogs are green and smooth..........toads are warty............never heard of eating TOAD legs.............mite be interesting..........hmmmm

If all goes as planned, I'll be smoking a butt and a brisket Friday nite for a Saturday get-together....gonna do ABT's and fatties on Saturday for munchies...and prolly smoke the burgers and dogs for the kids that'll be there.

Hope everyone has a great weekend lined up..
wink.gif

L8r,
Eric

I'll be trying to pack about 15 to 20 racks of ribs into 2 UDS's on Sunday while at the campground, I have four rib racks that hold 5 racks a piece so it should work, I hope!

good luck on all your smokes everyone

Outa town friday. Saturday, a chicken an some ribs. Sunday, thinkin fatties, pigs in a canoe, an maybe some wings, havin some folks over on sunday fer a deck gatherin (aka beer bust). Monday, sittin on my butt!

Going to a family reunionfor the weekend at a state park. Already smoked 18lbs of butt and made some of Jeff's sauce as well as a version with some extra heat. Tomorrow will be smoking 8 fatties from a sweet Italian sausage I made over the weekend. 4 each of pizza and vegetable. Gonna take the fixins for Jarred's Brutal beans and Dutch's Wicked Beans. Lookin for a great weekend.

Wolf, what time do you want me there?
icon_smile.gif

Sounds like a feast to me!

The weather has been rough here for a week before TS Fay and it is just now trying to dry up a bit. I hope I can get something going for the weekend. If I do, I know it will include BB ribs and a fattie. I'm thinking of maybe doing a butt too but cutting it in 2 pieces to cut down on cook time a bit. If it happens I'll have some Qview for the masses.

We are smoking 2 butts and 8 racks, potatoes and cowboy beans Saturday. Swimming,dirt biking. uh did I mention beer? after the bikes. gotta marinade the cook after supper right? sorry to here the nasty weather. hpoe y'all dry up soon! southern California desert nothing grows in the shape of a tree. joshua trees dont count...lol tumble weed smoker... no mesquite chunks really. Have a safe weekend everyone
redface.gif

takin this holiday off for real. beers by the pool with my chick and my dog. someone else can deal with the prep and the cleaning this weekend.

Gonna have family here from Penn, upper michigan and locally, neighbors and usually Labor day guests. Pool party and celebrating 20 yrs of misery and Lust for my wonderful redheaded wife, Janet. She's a fireplug, and I can't believe we haven't killed each other in these quick 20 years. Sundays cook will be a couple fatties, 2 pans of dutch's beans, 2 butts, 2 split chickens in the smoker, lotsa other stuff on the table by dinner time. Expecting 25+ folks, fun in the pool and bonfire afterwards.

Wings ,drummies, and fatties on Monday!

Hope all my friends here have a wonderful Labor day weekend!
icon_smile.gif

Thinking of trying my first brisket on Thursday night into Friday then taking it with me as we are going away for the weekend. The weekend after, however, is another story. Doing a big party that weekend with pulled pork, chicken, ribs, brisket, Dutch's beans, ABT's and who knows what else.

I actually want to do the brisket this week as a first experience before the party.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky