• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

L EM big bite auger

hoity toit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2011
My big bite auger conversion from lem clogs up pretty bad using the chili plate I changed back to my original auger and it works just fine, anyone else have this problem ? I am going to see about returning it, I suppose it would work using lean meat. I was grinding some deer with plenty of fat and the big bite doesn't seem to do much in the way of grinding anything with fat or gristle whereas the original auger work just fine. Give me your thoughts please

goliath

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 8, 2013
i have a new grinder with the "big bite" auger, and have been grinding moose, pork, making sausage and it has worked well for me. dont know what a chili plate is, but have used the finest that came with the grinder.

mossymo

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 30, 2007
When doing anything, especially sausage grinding with venison get rid of the fat, tallow and tenons. Venison fat tastes is rancid.
Pork Fat - Good
Venison Fat - Terrible
Your grinder will feel the same...

hoity toit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2011
i have a new grinder with the "big bite" auger, and have been grinding moose, pork, making sausage and it has worked well for me. dont know what a chili plate is, but have used the finest that came with the grinder.

It's the one that's got the hole in it that's about 3/8 or so

hoity toit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2011
Well I know the tendons can cause clogging but down here where I live we grind everything we always have for a long time 35 yrs. I know lean is better, point well taken.

Last edited:

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.