Kroger Corned Beef deal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Was in Kroger this weekend and saw they had both flats and points. Rarely do they carry points!! Both were on sale for $3.99 / lbs. In talking to the meat manager they actually marked them down further to $2.99 a lbs!! I have 8 flats in the freezer already but grabbed 6 nice points. I love those fatty points! Note that of 6 , 4 rang up right and 2 rang up at $3.99 which they then corrected. Gonna be a lot of good pastrami when I get the Lang back.

Hmm, might need to crutch around the meat section….the weekly add doesn’t have corned beef listed. Which surprised me a bit. I’m assume the day/week after St Patricks day they should be on sale???

Hmm, might need to crutch around the meat section….the weekly add doesn’t have corned beef listed. Which surprised me a bit. I’m assume the day/week after St Patricks day they should be on sale???
I will be in there the day after making an offer to the meat manager on a few cases lol. Im thinking $1.99

Reactions: sandyut
WOW, I was just in my Kroger this Weds and no sale mentioned. Going right back today. I've never seen Corned Beef Points there before. Thanks for the 411.

Reactions: jcam222
Ours has flats this week for $3.50 lb. Since cant find my half brisket might just go get one or maybe use chuck roast. Won't be ready in time but no big deal.

WOW, I was just in my Kroger this Weds and no sale mentioned. Going right back today. I've never seen Corned Beef Points there before. Thanks for the 411.
Could be regional. Honestly it’s the first time I’ve seen points there or anywhere near me. If I had an empty freezer I would fill it full of them. We could eat pastrami a couple times a month. I’ve had quite a few ask me to do a pop up with my pastrami sandwiches this year too.

Reactions: MJB05615
Nice score Jeff. One of our local grocers has corned beef on sale for about 3.00/pd., but I noticed the packages were full of the brining liquid. Probably equaled a quarter of the total weight.

I'll be waiting until after St. Patties day to purchase my stock.

Chris

I just left Kroger with 2 Flats @ $3.99 /lb. No Points, but reg price was $8.99 /lb, so great price. Unadvertised and they had a lot of them. Thanks Jeff. Gonna put these to good use.

I just left Kroger with 2 Flats @ $3.99 /lb. No Points, but reg price was $8.99 /lb, so great price. Unadvertised and they had a lot of them. Thanks Jeff. Gonna put these to good use.
Wasn’t in our ad either and they had a lot. Definitely checking in on them again after St Pattys day.

Reactions: MJB05615
Last couple points bought where all fat. I sticking to the flats. I just threw one a way. Been in there too long. Had a couple and try to cook one and was terrible. I learning sale not a sale if you don't need it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky