Korean style hot wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sailor, do you have a recipe for that jalepeno cheese bread.

Yep super simple. Take a loaf of bread (whatever you want) and cut into it almost all the way to the bottom 1" apart one way and the cut 1" apart 90 degrees to first cut. Place in a large sheet of tinfoil. In a bowl combine 1/4 melted butter and 8-12 ounces of shredder mozzarella. Chop up pickled jalapeños. I used a good portion of a small jar. You could add olives too or use olives in place of. Add to cheese and butter. Take the cheese jalapeño mix and stuff into every nook and cranny off the cut loaf. Wrap up in tinfoil. Place in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes open up foil on top and bake for 10 minutes more or until all cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove and eat.

So this morning I did a bit of an experiment. I'm not a big fan of maple syrup, so I usually wont have pancakes or waffles for breakfast. I had this strange idea that the sauce from this would be good on pancakes or waffles. Guess what, it is good on waffles! The south has chicken and waffles. The Pacific Northwest now has Hot wings and Waffles! Watch out world!
Nice looking wings, Case. The Korean sauce sounds interesting. Lately with pancakes, I've been using hickory syrup. Not as sweet, and well, it's made from hickory.

Nice looking wings, Case. The Korean sauce sounds interesting. Lately with pancakes, I've been using hickory syrup. Not as sweet, and well, it's made from hickory.

Thank you!

I'm just not a big sweet fan. Takes me forever to eat a candy bar!

Ingredients

1. 3 pounds of chicken wings.
  2. ¼ cup soy sauce.
  3. ¼ cup gochujang (Korean red chile paste) or sriracha.
  4. 2 tablespoons rice vinegar.
  5. 2 tablespoons honey.
  6. 1 tablespoon sesame oil.
  7. 2 tablespoons minced garlic.
  8. 1 tablespoon minced ginger.

Its time to make these again! On my next adventure to provision I think that I'll try and find some wings (poultry has been tough to come by in our stores).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky