Korean Spicy Pork Bites

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks amazing and that last pic is MONEY!! I love Korean bbq flavors for sure.
That is a staple in my overflowing spice cupboard now. Learned of it when I did my kimchi awhile back.
Thank you! I'm definitely digging the Korean BBQ flavors now! I think you posted the Kimchi thread? It's something I am interested to try . . . in my free time. But definitely getting the gochugaru.

Well as unamerican as sports are now a days. I find it's like stabbing myself in the eyes watching this unamerican commie trash they call pro sports now. I do like PBR though lol. I see no issue regardless though. Too many people trying to tell us how to live our lives. I am just gonna do me everyone else can suck it lol
Yes, I just try to focus on what makes me happy and try to stay away from the politics. I miss when I only had one newspaper in the morning and wasn't being bombarded, just one more reason I stay away from social media!

Here is my recipe. Just did these couple days ago. I keep some chucks of fresh pineapple in freezer and grate a couple into marinades. It is the best tenderizer there is. Let marinade for 6 hours.
Thank you Brian! I'll give this a go too!

Reactions: negolien
A while back there was a thread someone recommended watching “Korean Pork Belly Rhapsody” on Netflix. Really cool Docu-series. I’ve never tried Korean BBQ and the Documentary made me decide to give it a try. Don’t ask me why I decided to give it a go for my Super Bowl party contribution, felt kind of un-American! But it was a big hit!

10 pound butt, I cut in half, 5 pnd for pulled pork, the other for the pork bites.
Pork bite half cut into long strips:
View attachment 525803

View attachment 525802
Marinade for 6 hours and I doubled the recipe;
  • ½ red onion, sliced into thin strips
  • 3 stalks green onion, sliced into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
  • ¼ cup korean red chili paste, gochujang
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • ¼ cup soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoons rice wine
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
  • sesame seed, green onion to garnish
View attachment 525804

Stuck them on skewers then onto apple pellet smoker at 250 to join the other half of butt.
View attachment 525805View attachment 525806
The butt got done shortly after I put the bites on wrapped to rest, the shredded right before the party:
View attachment 525807
And the bites were at about 185-90 IT when I pulled them off. I didn’t want them fall apart, still needed some resistance to a bite,View attachment 525809View attachment 525808

Garnished with sesame seeds and green onion! They were delicious with a nice spicy flavor! Really good with IPA, and they didn’t make it much past kick off!

Fun new flavor and “thing“ to try!

Thanks for your time!
Looks great did you double the recipe of the list you posted for the 5 lbs of strips and what did put on the butt

I appreciate it L larroyo101 !! The Korean recipe I gave here was for about 2 pounds, so I doubled it for the 5 pounds.I was just too lazy to type out the multiplication for each ingredient! Hope that makes sense! For the butt I did Meatheads Memphis Dust. I support Jeff and have his books, use his recipes, etc, and I feel a tad guilty. But I used this recipe before I found SMF and my wife likes it a lot, frankly I do too, so it’s kind of been standard now. It’s not proprietary, free on web, salt as desired:;
  • ▢ ¾ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
  • ▢ ¾ cup white sugar
  • ▢ ½ cup American paprika
  • ▢ ¼ cup garlic powder
  • ▢ 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
  • ▢ 2 tablespoons ground ginger powder
  • ▢ 2 tablespoons onion powder
  • ▢ 2 teaspoons rosemary powder

• I make it by bulk. This usually lasts me a few months. Without the salt you can go heavy on the rub!

Last edited:
I appreciate it L larroyo101 !! The Korean recipe I gave here was for about 2 pounds, so I doubled it for the 5 pounds.I was just too lazy to type out the multiplication for each ingredient! Hope that makes sense! For the butt I did Meatheads Memphis Dust. I support Jeff and have his books, use his recipes, etc, and I feel a tad guilty. But I used this recipe before I found SMF and my wife likes it a lot, frankly I do too, so it’s kind of been standard now. It’s not proprietary, free on web, salt as desired:;
  • ▢ ¾ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
  • ▢ ¾ cup white sugar
  • ▢ ½ cup American paprika
  • ▢ ¼ cup garlic powder
  • ▢ 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
  • ▢ 2 tablespoons ground ginger powder
  • ▢ 2 tablespoons onion powder
  • ▢ 2 teaspoons rosemary powder

• I make it by bulk. This usually lasts me a few months. Without the salt you can go heavy on the rub!
THANKS

Reactions: bauchjw
Anytime! Happy to help with any questions!

Wow those good tasty.
I burned my mouth on yaki man do may a night on Hooker Hill.
But Kimchi and Soju, never again haha.
Oh man! I hope your mouth was only burning because of the food and there wasn't a burning sensation anywhere else! Ive never been assigned to Korea, but I have done exercises and schools with RoK Marines, those guys drink more than anyone else Ive ever met! Their beers are gone almost as soon as they arrive. I can only imagine what the Soju would do to your head!

Those look great . Almost missed it .
Thank you Chop! I appreciate it!

Dude...those look amazing! And not only that but when you're done pigging out...you have yourself a real toothpick!
Nice job!

Ryan

Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky