Korean Short Ribs and Street Corn

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
We took a trip to Costco yesterday and they had the short ribs. This is only 1/3 of the pack. They also had a Korean BBQ sauce that looked pretty good.

2023_ribs_and_corn_001.jpg

I put the new grate I bought on the pit and started with the veggies.

2023_ribs_and_corn_002.jpg

When they were done on went the ribs.

2023_ribs_and_corn_003.jpg

While that was going I cut up the veg.

2023_ribs_and_corn_004.jpg

8 slices of bacon chopped up and when it was 90% cooked I added in the veg with a tablespoon of Kinder Woodfired Garlic, a teaspoon of Tajin, one lime juiced and a heaping tablespoon of mayo.

2023_ribs_and_corn_005.jpg

When it was done I added 1/2 cup of shredded Parm, green onion and celantro.

2023_ribs_and_corn_006.jpg

Darn, the closeups were all blurry. The ribs came out good but the street corn was amazing.

2023_ribs_and_corn_007.jpg

The only downside was the mess that sauce made on my new grates. Two rounds of Goo Gone for grills and a lot of scrubbing before I could even bring them in the kitchen for the final cleanup.

Normally I wouldn't think of cleaning them like that but this was more than the normal mess.

The street corn was definitely the star of the show on this cook. I made this last week using canned corn and just cooked everything on the stove top. My wife and I loved it.

I did not post it because I knew I could do it better on the grill mostly and use a little less lime juice and mayo. The fresh ingredients definitely made it better. This will be a star attraction for now on when we have friends or family over.

Two of my favorite things there. Look fantastic! I looked at those at Sam's yesterday but they to $$ now for me. Mater of fact I came out empty handed. Have a hard time paying these high prices now.

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Very nice looking plate Chris!! I've yet to do the Korean style ribs but I keep seeing them done and may have to pull the trigger. Those look fantastic.
and use a little less lime juice and mayo.
How true, how true. i make a very similar salad and learned the first time out that it only takes a small amount of both the mayo and lime juice. Even just the slightest bit too much and IMHO the salad is ruined....but we are not big fans of overly saucy salads.

Robert

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky