Knives ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A funny story, in my younger days, whenever I was PO'd at the girl friend, I would shut up and sit down and just start sharpening the kitchen knives. It gave me focus, kept my mouth shut and I had the sharpest knives in town. Wait there is more. My sister told me she always knew when there had been a disagreement 'cause the girl friend had bandaids on her fingers for a week. And I never even noticed the bandaids. LOL.....

Reactions: crazymoon
Just a snapshot of some of my collection. The first pick is of my Great Grandfathers HAWG killing knife along with my go to Cutco deer cleaning knives. The other picks are a few of my Case collection.
TWIN CUTCO'S.jpg

A FEW.jpg

3 STAGS.jpg

BIRD KNIFE.jpg

BOX 1.jpg

BOX 2.jpg

BOX 3.jpg

Well I finally got around to getting mine out for some pics. I don't have a nice sharpener yet. The Ken Onion is on my Christmas list at the very top :)

This is our Mercer set. For the price these are darn good knives. They are however at the point I need to get a nice edge back on them. I use the boning knife out of this set a lot.

mercer .jpg

This Mercer Santoku gets its own pic with my story about knives and blister packs. This thing was packed in super tough blister pack plastic. The attempt to remove it cost me 4 stitches in my left index finger( I'm a lefty) and numbness in that finger for well over a year as it cut to the bone and damaged some nerves. Needless to say I am not a fan of blister packaging :)

mercer santoku knife.jpg

This is my random collection of remaining knives. Top to bottom is my Henckel Chef knife, Henckel chopping chef knife, my pride and joy Miyabi knife WICKED SHARP , and below that a big Dexter I scored at Goodwill for $2.29 :) On the right is my Victorinix Fibrox boning knive.
odds and ends.jpg

One last closeup of that Miyabi. It is likely the sharpest knife I have ever owned. Also most I have spent on a knife but did get it on an Amazon lightning deal at 50% off.
Miyabi.jpg

Now I just need to add that sharpener.

This one is not yet in my hot little hands, dang it! Had to take pics iff the computer screen, so not the best pics, sorry.
I ran into a custom knife maker on Facebook that is based in the United kingdom and had him make me this kitchen knife with a bit of Japanese influence. He sent me a video of him slicing a grape and a tomato paper thin. The handle is honeycomb aircraft aluminum and resin composite with Micarta bolsters. The blade is mirror polished S90V steel.
20191124_161619.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky