King of the Smoker KCBS comp this weekend!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lght

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Sunny Southern California
Judging the King of the Smoker event this weekend in La Quinta at the La Quinta resort.

This is a best of the best event hosted by Big Pappa Smokers (winners of the Royal) and is by invitation only. 

The event has some of the best teams in the country and they are not allowing any assisted devices like stoker, guru or pellet smokers.  Just old school cooking.  Meats are provided and are hand out by random draw making the comp as even as possible. 

Several of the competitors will also be talking about competing, answering questions and giving demos.  If your are in the area and enjoy BBQ this is probably one of the few must attend events that you don't want to miss.

Have fun judging.  I'm guessing turn ins will be better than most comps.  I wonder how many of the teams cook this way all the time anyway?  Even Harry Soo uses a Stoker for fan / pit temp control.

Are you coming out?  Should be a lot of fun.  Because of the drive we got a room for Saturday.   Ohh BTW Carlos was asking when your next comp is.  He helped out at the VA event and asked when meat inc is cook again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky