Keep the music playing... What/Who Was Your First Concert ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I know a musical doesn't count as a concert, but I remember my date and I having to weave our way through protesters opposed to the musical "Hair" playing in Chattanooga in the early 70s.

Fun times.

The musical? Meh.
My sister had the album Hair. Just be thankful you didn't go to the Rocky Horror Picture show.

1985 Cheap Trick, .38 Special, Huey Lewis and the News at the Midsouth Coliseum in Memphis, TN I was in 10th grade.

No parents.

Alice Cooper King of the Silver Screen tour in 1978

Honorable mention is Jimmy Buffet in 1980. I was the designated driver for 6 in our group, so watched the others having fun.
It was a simulcast and Jimmy made the classic statement. "This is a simulcast, but the listeners cannot smell all the wonderful stuff you're smoking in here."
Odd thing is the event banned smoking, but did sell beer.

Aerosmith 1977, Tarrant County Convention Center in Ft. Worth. Saw the Stones the following year at Will Rogers Coliseum, also in Ft. Worth and they released a DVD of that show around 10 years ago - Some Girls Live in Texas. If you’re a Stones fan, it’s a great show - Stones at their peak! Saw them live in 6 straight decades.

Reactions: nxcoastgiant
As the title is asking... Who/Where/Year was your first live concert...
With/Without Parents ??

My first was
REO Speedwagon and Rainbow
Rochester War Memorial
1977 or 78
No Parents ...

I found This and started searcing through the archives... WOW.. Some of the concerts back then...
Unless you count ‘Peter and the Wolf’ in third grade (1964, without parents. Teachers, yes; parents,no.), I’ve never been to a concert.

-Sterling

Well, I'm feeling like a youngin in this thread. Most of these concerts were before I was born, but I'm jealous you got to see them. My first from a recognizable band was Godsmack in 2006. Plenty of HS/local band shows before then though.

Chase in '72 or '73 at Arkansas Tech University while in HS for $5 in a nice small concert auditorium with good seats and great acoustics. Got to go to a meet and greet with Bill before the concert. They had Sweet, Sweet Connie brought from Little Rock for the show.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky