• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Kamodo blue tile grill

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Doesn't look familiar but it's cool!

Have you looked at naked whiz dot com??

Last edited:

ajbert

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 1, 2013
I don't know the first thing about Kamodo grills, and only slight more about Kamodo dragons, but that sure looks to me as a customs job.  Whether it is original or custom I'd suggest you start smoking with it like you stole it!

marauder

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 31, 2013
i'll check it out  it hasnt been used in years and needs some clean up nad parts the screw down top damper and  spring covered type  that hold the super heavy lid up need replacing .. need  parts . retro fits ?

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012

Parts for these old guys are hard to find. This is my 1967 CasaQ. I took all the original metal and had it sand blasted and powder coated. The naked whiz has some good leads so you may want to email him with questions.

marauder

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 31, 2013
sweet ! thanks  this is a new project ill keep you updated .. that one looks cool!

radioguy

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 12, 2013
That is so cool looking! Real retro....60's look. Flashback... Groovy Man!!

Hope you can find parts.

Dirtsailor -- Saw your post on restoration great job. Had a friend who had a VW beetle the same shade of green.....ohh the colors

RG

marauder

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 31, 2013
 dirtsailor i really enjoyed your story of  your Grandfathers  CasaQ ! the rebuild was most interesting .. the  blue tile Kamodo    i talked them into  basically giving me $100  . from a clients house which we were doing a kitchen renovation .. sitting  by the pool not used and came with the house. i realized why it came with the house  when we moved this 600 lb  beast. the firebox is completely broken  which will be a challenge to retro fit. your pics helped  me understand what is needed to get this baby up and smoking .. thanks richard

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.