Kamado Beef Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chickenwings

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 10, 2019
Another double take in the grocery store and I saw some beef back ribs....well THIS I gotta try....
473882-8c8e6071875d3d02f604a2a89665ff26.jpg

I fired up Joe to about 225 and laid down some cherry chunks. Put my 12" cast iron pan on the accessory rack under the grill racks and put in some water to catch the drippings...more on this later.
473883-2ba08676d45ea07166579bdd93f3f3c8.jpg

Took out the ribs, hit them with SPOG and fired them on the grill for 3 hours. They got REAL good cherry smoke and were wonderfully flavored.
473884-5ade8a2f167092df1ff839e82d75707a.jpg
I used the drippings for gravy! Now it was interesting...I wouldn't say bad but I probably won't make it again...SWMBO liked it which is more important and I remain intrigued...it wasn't bad....but not great...I could taste the smoke, and the cherry.... smoky sweet gravy? I'm still not sure...grin but hey, I had to give it a try.
473885-56534d669d65d33a87a4955a19969556.jpg
Sorry for the chopped up pic but I darn near forgot to take a picture before they went down the hatch!
In any event, first crack at beef ribs and I'll do it again!

Looks tasty! I am surprised they were done in 3hrs, they usually take the same time as pork ribs ~6hrs for me. I love them but only buy them on super discount due to the tiny amount of meat you usually find them - back ribs, not short ribs.

Looks tasty! I am surprised they were done in 3hrs, they usually take the same time as pork ribs ~6hrs for me. I love them but only buy them on super discount due to the tiny amount of meat you usually find them - back ribs, not short ribs.

Ah dang....thanks for the reminder...Update: 3 hours in the smoke, another hour and a half wrapped but they were perfectly done with just enough "bite" to tear them off the bones!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky