Kabanos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The texture in that cross section does not resemble that of a kabanos. 

It may be a thin diameter sausage of some sort, and it may taste brilliant, but does not have the physical features of traditional kabanosy.

It may be a thin diameter sausage of some sort, and it may taste brilliant, but does not have the physical features of traditional kabanosy.
Whatever

If only it was possible to go through the computer screen and give someone a good knock on the nose!

Nepas, those look good. Next time I order casings I'll have to get some sheep casings to give this sausage a try.

The temperature is dropping and I've been thinking of making some sausage. Kabanosy is a great place to start. Thanks for feeding my sausage fever, and I'm glad to see you posting some sausage.

If those don't look like they are supposed to, I suggest you send them here, Nepas. I would be happy to take them off your hands!

Disco

Sausage, turkey dressing, meatloaf, chili........?

Some things are only right if they are exactly like .........?

Pass me some of that stuff!

Good luck and good smoking.

Nepas,looks good, I have purchased some 22mm sheep casing and will be making kabonosy as soon as work slows down !

Omg!!! That can't be kabanosy!! It's not the right size or length or color! You didn't wear you proper kabanosy making underwear and you hair wasn't cut in the proper style. Some people are real tools! Looks delicious to me. I'll third what Disco said you can send it my way

That person seems to always be negative even thou, he or she has not started any threads, just contradicts posts. 

Just my 2 pennys 

Again,, Looks great Nepas

DS 

Look you guys, I did not criticize the sausages, their quality, appearance and I'm sure they taste good.  But they are not Kabanosy.  If you ordered a hamburger and got meatballs  at a restaurant would you say, "wow what a nice hamburger"?  Because that is what you are all doing here. 

The only 2 comments you post on this thread are negating what the OP called his sausage and telling it's not what he thinks and calling him out on it. Did you ask about the preparation of the sausage? The size of the grind? Spice mixture? The process he used?

I'm sorry but a little more than the look of a sausage makes it fall into a certain category. He could be using a century old recipe past down from a distant relative. But no, all you know is that specific picture doesn't look "like" it to YOU, and you don't bother asking him for a bit more information so you can make some constructive criticism to help....not that he needs it from what I've seem in his posts!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky