Just starting to use my smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Thesmokerapprentice

Original poster
Apr 12, 2019
I am new to smoking and I am smoking some leg quarters today for the first time. Googled and found some great tips and pointers from this forum. I can use all the help I can get!
Thanks for the help!

Reactions: zwiller
Welcome to the forum, apprentice. Glad you found us and we are glad you joined. Let us know how the chicken turns out and don't forget to include pictures.

welcome to smf, just watch you don't use to much smoke with chicken, it tends to take on to much and will be almost if not uneatable. with chicken more is not better.

here is the finished product! Looks good I will let you know how it tastes!

Attachments

• IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 30
Either smoke them at temps over 275 or put them on a hot grill or into a pre heated oven when they are done to crisp the skin.
I often smoke chicken at 300-325

Reactions: JC in GB
My electric smoker only goes up to 275 degrees! How can I overcome this?

You can't but many people say 275 is hot enough to crisp the skin.
I'm guessing you have an MES/Masterbuilt Electric Smoker??

Chicken looked good what type wood did you use?

Your chicken has some great color to it. If your smoker can't get over 300* then pop the bird parts under the broiler for a short spell or you can use your grill.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky