Just starting out and have a few ???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schultzy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
East Galesburg, IL
Well Ive been working all winter long on welding up a smoker. Its made out of a 225 gallon boiler. It has a 100 lb propane bottle welded perpendicular along the back which is used for the smoke box. It rides on a trailer and is looking pretty good. I have been experimenting all spring long and have been trying several different meats and techniques. If I can figure out how to post a pic I would love for you all to check it out. But anyways I have went a step further and enetred a local rib contest in 3 weeks. Getting kind of nervous. One quick question I have about smoking ribs is do any of you guys wrap your ribs in foil after a few hours to help speed the cooking and keep them tender? I have read of different techniques and was just curious to wjat you do. I have 3 weeks to practice and would love to hear from anyone and everyone. Thanks in advance.

Welcome Schultzy..........all your "Q" questions can be answered here.........
PDT_Armataz_01_26.gif

Welcome! You have to get those pictures put up! There is a practice picture forum so you can make your attempts there. 3-2-1, definitely practice it though!

Welcome Schultzy -

I always wrap after about 2-3 hours or so, keep em moist and tender. Pull them out for the last hour and get them basted and firmed up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky