Just learning!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinNee

Original poster
Dec 31, 2017
Howdy from southeast Arizona,
I'm just learning about smoking. My hubby got me a Masterbuilt 30" electric smoker for Christmas. I have a pork butt in there now and I'm following the directions of a friend along with tips from here!
I have already learned that I need a few accessories like a flavor injector do you have other suggestions for me?
ACL

Welcome to the forum! I have the same smoker and would highly recommend adding an Amazen AMNPS pellet tray (you will be adding chips constantly) and a good secondary thermometer, as the one that came with it is often inaccurate. ( I have found that mine is 20 degrees off so I just set it at 205 degrees when I want 225 degrees) With that said I've only had mine since early November but I really like it and wouldn't get rid of it for anything.

I also did a mailbox mod for cold smoking.
Check out the Electric Smoker thread for additional information.

Denny

Welcome to SMF. Good for you and enjoy your new addiction....
I agree with gator as well, An amnps of some type and a Good thermometer is always valuable addition. Then play from there, mods to cold smoke etc...

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a nice sunny chilly day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky