Just Another Ribeye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ray , I'd be all over that breakfast plate . All looks great . Couldn't type a reply this morning , damn fingers won't move when it's damp out .

Reactions: sawhorseray
That's an awful pretty Breakfast Plate, Ray!! Like. Needs Black Pepper though.:emoji_laughing::emoji_bear:
Bear [/QUOTE

You're right Bear, I forgot to pepper the steak! The eggs get slathered in spicy salsa. Thanks for the like, I appreciate it. RAY

Last edited:
Ray , I'd be all over that breakfast plate . All looks great . Couldn't type a reply this morning , damn fingers won't move when it's damp out .

That was one of the major reasons why I finally agreed to move to Arizona, I've got arthritis everywhere and hate being cold now. I used to sit in a freezing duck blind for hours or go deer hunting in the snow, just can't do it anymore. Thanks for the like Rich, I appreciate it. RAY

Reactions: negolien
Awesome looking steak there Ray!
Breakfast looks even better! Al

Thanks Al! Being a prisoner in my own house the last eleven days babysitting my dog there hasn't been much else to do but cook and eat. Thanks for the like, I appreciate it. RAY

Both meals look great Ray! Nice job LIKE! John

Thanks for the like John, much appreciated! I see you are back from the cold country, welcome home! Were there any fish to be had? I've got a nice case of Cabin Fever going on, everyone here is hoping Bob's cone will come off for good any day now, he's getting real antsy. RAY

Thanks Al! Being a prisoner in my own house the last eleven days babysitting my dog there hasn't been much else to do but cook and eat. Thanks for the like, I appreciate it. RAY

How's that 4 legged Fellow doing by now, Ray??
I probably missed the latest reports.

Bear

How's that 4 legged Fellow doing by now, Ray?? I probably missed the latest reports. Bear

Thanks for asking Bear! We're hoping today is the day the cone comes off Bob's head. I took him in Saturday to the vet and they said he didn't need it anymore so I took it off. Long story short it was back on in a half hour, he was licking the incision open. I've been hanging out keeping an eye on Bob, he can't be in the backyard alone with that collar on, if he falls into the pool he's dead. By all accounts Bob appears ready to resume guarding the yard from doves and cats, he's back to barking up a storm when the doorbell rings, and eating, pissing, and pooping like a champ. I'll see how I feel about things after the sun comes up, might be raining here today. RAY

• Haha
Thanks for asking Bear! We're hoping today is the day the cone comes off Bob's head. I took him in Saturday to the vet and they said he didn't need it anymore so I took it off. Long story short it was back on in a half hour, he was licking the incision open. I've been hanging out keeping an eye on Bob, he can't be in the backyard alone with that collar on, if he falls into the pool he's dead. By all accounts Bob appears ready to resume guarding the yard from doves and cats, he's back to barking up a storm when the doorbell rings, and eating, pissing, and pooping like a champ. I'll see how I feel about things after the sun comes up, might be raining here today. RAY

Glad to hear he's getting back to his old self!!
Shame he can't get rid of that cone just yet.
I'll never forget the first time I saw one of those cones. My Buddy had his dog walking around in his body shop, with the cone. I asked him "What's with the Cone?" He said, "Damn Dog's Hard of hearing". I laughed so hard I almost fell over!!

Bear

Last edited:
Thanks for the like John, much appreciated! I see you are back from the cold country, welcome home! Were there any fish to be had? I've got a nice case of Cabin Fever going on, everyone here is hoping Bob's cone will come off for good any day now, he's getting real antsy. RAY
Wasn't up at the cabin, just distracted with getting some contractors lined up (pool remodel and landscape remodel).

Hopefully Bob gets the cone off soon as I see Saturday was a bit too early....

John

Wasn't up at the cabin, just distracted with getting some contractors lined up (pool remodel and landscape remodel). Hopefully Bob gets the cone off soon as I see Saturday was a bit too early....John

Looks like the boss is saying the cone stays on till at least tomorrow John, we're just not going to fool around with this, it's been a real PITA. RAY

Well the cone came off this morning and it seems we have our monster back, full tilt! There was a bit of licking and butt tidy and then out to the yard to chase the doves, jump in the freezing swimming pool, and do a couple of massive bowel efforts on the lawn. It didn't take ten minutes for Bob to be jumping up to eye level to get back inside, so a trip to the park for a Buns of Steel workout was in order. we got home and another dip in the pool was what Bob felt would make his world even better. He's not very well trained, that's on me. I've always liked dogs with spirit and that's what I've got, he's absolutely crazy , but he's ours and we love the hell out of him. Yeah, Bob's pretty lucky, tho he gives back ten times the love he's given. Oh, and if someone wanted to reach into my truck when Bob was standing guard, he'd most likely bite them, I sure wouldn't fool with him, nuts or not. RAY

Thanks Bear! We're off to the park in a little bit, he starts bugging me to go about 90 minutes after I get out of bed, starts parading around the house with one of my shoes in his mouth. RAY

Reactions: Bearcarver
Yup , glad to hear he's back . I've got one that wants to got to the park , but it's 14 degrees here .

Geez Rich, I don't think my hands would function at 14º, it takes me a good half hour after I wake up to be able to make a fist with my right hand. I love being in AZ, it was the right move for us. RAY

Did it for alot of years all day . Took it's toll on me for sure . ALWAYS out of the ground in the winter , then closed up and finished in the summer . Freeze , thaw , bake , repeat . Oh I forgot drink urself to sleep so you can do it again the next day .
Wait ,,, what we talkin about ?

I might go ahead and take her . At least she won't get muddy !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky