Jumbo Mini Cheese w/ Pics (Semi Fail)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lighting the AMNPS in 3 different places was your biggest issue besides placing it farther away from the cheese without any cooling in there. I live in South Florida and can smoke cheese in the middle of summer when temps are in the mid/uppper 90's. BUT, you got to do it with your smoker in the shade, the AMNPS in a different unit and then "pipe the smoke" to the cheese. I also put some frozen water bottles up around the cheese to be sure it stays cool in the smoker.... Actually, if you had just put some frozen water bottles in there and lit the AMNPS on one end, you would have been fine!

Don't give up man! Give it another try! I plan on doing it here in a few days. I plan on taking some as gifts for the holidays.

Cheers.

EDIT: LOL! Yea, no snow down here anytime soon!

When I started the therm was reading 85* before I lit the AMNPS. After it had run for 30min it was at 90*. After another hour it stayed at 90*. I lit 3 spots because my plan was to only do 2hrs and in the past it was too light with 1 or 2 spots lit. I thought about the frozen water bottles after the meltdown. Next time the frozen bottles might be needed.....

I am ready for a bit of snow......

I will have a long wait for snow.........
Jarjar, No snow for you !
icon_lol.gif
 Thanks for sharing the" meltdown", it helps us newbies realize that smoking is sometimes an experiment which may fail. CM

Jarjar, No snow for you !:icon_lol:  Thanks for sharing the" meltdown", it helps us newbies realize that smoking is sometimes an experiment which may fail. CM

We all have fails while cooking. That's how we learn

When you have a smoke like this, you don't need advice, you need commiseration and a reminder that we have all been less than brilliant while cooking. I lift my glass to you, Sir. Go forth and make great food!

Disco

Jarjar, No snow for you !:icon_lol:  Thanks for sharing the" meltdown", it helps us newbies realize that smoking is sometimes an experiment which may fail. CM

No problem. I wanted to share so someone else could learn. Glad I was able to help.

We all have fails while cooking. That's how we learn

Yes. The only way it would be a fail is if I did not learn anything from it. And I will be going for it again...... when it is a little cooler or have frozen ice bottles.....

When you have a smoke like this, you don't need advice, you need commiseration and a reminder that we have all been less than brilliant while cooking. I lift my glass to you, Sir. Go forth and make great food!

Disco

Thank you. I did tilt a glass with my friend José as I laughed at myself. It was definitely not my most glorious moment, but it was definitely not my worst. Many years ago I manged to turn 10# of pine nuts into coffee bean look a likes, not once not twice but three times in the same shift. Lets say I was not in good eyes with the Chef on duty.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky