Join the YAWYE Club!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm in Pops.  I smoked 300# of pork this last weekend and it just dawned on me I was in the BBQ. It is time.

YAWYE!

Thanks again friend.

r

Thank you for joining our group and becoming a YAWYE member!  Reduce salts, sugars and fats for your own, and your family's health benefits, one-bite-at-a-time!  The more conscientious you are, the more improvements it will make and save you money in doctor and hospital bills, which give you more smokin' monies, see?!  There is a method to my madness, lol!

Absolutely Great, Dutch!  You've got those numbers well under control!  BP good too?  My last 6 A1c's were under 5, and trying to keep it there!  But, at one time it was over 9!

Boy, I don't know how I missed this one. For the last year I've been paying more attention to what I eat as well as how I eat.

Being a person with Type 2 diabetes (PW2) I've seen my A1c drop from 7.2 down to my last blood draw of 5.8. and my morning gloucose numbers have been averaging between 75-80.

So count me in Pops!

Pops,

I'm a 43-year-old husband married for 22 years and I'm also a father of three. I, like many people, went through life not thinking of the consequences of overeating. Roughly 18 months ago, I went into the emergency room because of a kidney stone and learned that I was now a diabetic. Two days and 10 hours of diabetic classes later and I now know that I have to eat correctly and I have actually learned that the nutrition information on the labels of the things you buy are there for a reason. I've lost 30 pounds, feel great and have taught myself to maintain the mentality to eat right. My endocrinologist taught me a simple trick to stay on track - CHEAT ONE DAY A WEEK! No, not on the wife, but on the diet.
biggrin.gif
Personally, I picked Sunday and it has worked out great for me. Don't get me wrong, I don't fall of the wagon completely on Sundays, but I do indulge a little bit. This keeps the diet on track and allows the mind to take a break and the appetite to enjoy those things that are normally prohibited from eating. As an aside, if you have a situation where you must cheat on another day, then do it and treat Sunday like a normal day. I have controlled my diabetes, to the point of not having to take any medication whatsoever, simply by changing my diet and exercising moderately.

I only know you from everything I've read about you on this forum and I'm relatively new here, but I'd like to thank you for doing your part to create awareness on this very important matter. This is something that should not be overlooked by anyone. By the way, I'm now the next member of the "Fraternal Order of the YAWYE".
icon14.gif

Take care, my friend!

All the best,

Vic

Thank you for joining our group and becoming a YAWYE member!  Reduce salts, sugars and fats for your own, and your family's health benefits, one-bite-at-a-time!  The more conscientious you are, the more improvements it will make and save you money in doctor and hospital bills, which give you more smokin' monies, see?!  There is a method to my madness, lol!

HA-HA!!! That's funny, Pops! I didn't even think about in that aspect...I was just leaning towards being able to feel better and be healthier so I could be around longer for my family and friends, but you are 100% correct in your statement. It does kinda make a guy wonder about the all the possibilities...

Eric

Thank you so much Vic.  I've had four strokes from poor diet, overeating and on-the-job stress, forcing me into disability retirement; I started this after watching a movie on Strokes at therapy (my 2nd time around, now in it for 3 months, two more months to go) and asked the group to describe in one sentence what their perception was; mine was "You Are What You Eat" - hence, the name!  I just don't want anyone else to have to go through the operation and strokes that I have had, or the many other maladies caused by too much fats, sugars and salts.  Controlling those three and limiting alcohol drinking to 2 drinks per day maximum, you are helping yourself and all others around you!  It is them who suffer as you do too!  Thank you again for joining!

Pops,

I'm a 43-year-old husband married for 22 years and I'm also a father of three. I, like many people, went through life not thinking of the consequences of overeating. Roughly 18 months ago, I went into the emergency room because of a kidney stone and learned that I was now a diabetic. Two days and 10 hours of diabetic classes later and I now know that I have to eat correctly and I have actually learned that the nutrition information on the labels of the things you buy are there for a reason. I've lost 30 pounds, feel great and have taught myself to maintain the mentality to eat right. My endocrinologist taught me a simple trick to stay on track - CHEAT ONE DAY A WEEK! No, not on the wife, but on the diet.
biggrin.gif
Personally, I picked Sunday and it has worked out great for me. Don't get me wrong, I don't fall of the wagon completely on Sundays, but I do indulge a little bit. This keeps the diet on track and allows the mind to take a break and the appetite to enjoy those things that are normally prohibited from eating. As an aside, if you have a situation where you must cheat on another day, then do it and treat Sunday like a normal day. I have controlled my diabetes, to the point of not having to take any medication whatsoever, simply by changing my diet and exercising moderately.

I only know you from everything I've read about you on this forum and I'm relatively new here, but I'd like to thank you for doing your part to create awareness on this very important matter. This is something that should not be overlooked by anyone. By the way, I'm now the next member of the "Fraternal Order of the YAWYE".
icon14.gif

Take care, my friend!

All the best,

Vic

35 years old high BP and 30lbs overweight So count me in.  I need to pay attention to be a good example to my boys.

Thanks Pops for really bringing this to my attention.  I lost a few pounds last year " I could actually bend over and tie my shoes without have to sit up to

get a breath"
icon_wink.gif
 some of y'all know what I'm saying...But I have gained it all back now.
frown.gif

I've read every post in this thread - very enlightening stuff. Great group of guys here for sure.

I don't know what number (in the club) I am, but count me in!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky