Jerky Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Last time I did jerky ran for 6 hours in dehydrator on high and got over done. Was crispy. I now have Masterbuilt 30 and 40 with pellet tube and tray. I am running jerky today and it gonna be around 32 outside. I would like to try getting some smoke on jerky. I am thinking of starting in smoker and finish in dehydrator but unsure of temps and times.

I'd give it at least 1 hr of smoke but you might do a small test with a couple of pieces and see how dry they get in 1 hr,you may like the jerky started and finished on the smoker better ,good luck and let us know how it turns out

BT, I would dry it for 1 hour in the smoker with the vents wide open at your lowest setting,no smoke.My smoker goes low so I stay about 160ish. Smoke for an hour or so,better to have less smoke then to over smoke.You can smoke more on your next batch if more is desired. Make sure you have added cure to your brine to stay safe! Keep your smoker temps low 160-170.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky