Jerky From Store Bought Ham ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lathechips

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Can jerky be made from a store bought 1/4 " sliced ham ? What seasonings, how long in a MES, or anything else I need to know ?

Reactions: JLeonard
Ham is precooked, sliced, & on sale. What else can I do with it besides a ham sandwich ?

Ham salad is a good option. Even though it's still a sammy.

I made this from a double smoked ham.
1678091321107.png

Depends on the ham. I'm not crazy about most ham but slices are good fried up in a hot skillet.

Ham jerky sounds quite interesting to be honest. I've had bacon jerky (storebought) and ham would surely be better due to the low fat content. Now I want to dry a bit of my lean BBB and see what it's like.

Reactions: JLeonard
I made jerk and Asian jerky from loin and I LOVE it. Way cheaper than beef jerky too.
Did you do a thread on it? I don't remember it, or maybe I missed it. Or just forgot lol!

Ryan

I with Chris..if its cheap right now buy it and grind some for ham salad.... I'm a big fan of ham loaf too.....

Reactions: BigW. and gmc2003
Did you do a thread on it? I don't remember it, or maybe I missed it. Or just forgot lol!

Ryan

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Thanks Jeff! Have it bookmarked now

Ryan

Ryan
Here's mine as well.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Here's mine as well.
Thanks Steve! Bookmarked yours as well! Spring field work is coming and always like having jerky with.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky