Jerk wings part two

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by gnarbrah, Sep 7, 2014.

1. gnarbrah

gnarbrah Meat Mopper

It's football Sunday so I decided to try my hand at jerk wings again. Still had half of the wings left from last week in the freezer (1.99 a lb!) so I thawed them out and tweaked my marinade recipe. Most importantly added 2 extra habaneros. The marinade tasted awesome last night and smells amazing today! I got my order of pimento wood and it's smoking away as we speak. I have a feeling that's going to make all the difference in the world! Too bad the dolphins aren't on tv... Stupid blackouts.

Couple hours to go...

2. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Lookin good ! Thumbs Up

3. gnarbrah

gnarbrah Meat Mopper

1:15 in - time for the flip.

I wish you all could smell this pimento wood smoke. It's mind blowing. I live on the cusp of where these trees will grow and I am ready to buy 10 of them!

4. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great looking wings! I've looked at getting some pimento wood. Guess I should.

5. gnarbrah

gnarbrah Meat Mopper

Yes you should dirtsailor! It's a bit pricey but it comes in a fun burlap sack for whatever that's worth. I'll let you know how they turn out compared to last weeks batch done on peach wood.

Just gave them a red stripe bath and will be taking them off in about 15 minutes.

6. Looks good so far.

Happy smoken.

David

7. gnarbrah

gnarbrah Meat Mopper

It's official. Pimento wood makes jerk that much better. I ate one fresh off the mini and it was mind blowing.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  8. gnarbrah

gnarbrah Meat Mopper

And oh yeah - go Dolphins!!

9. MY T FINE!

Happy smoken.

David

10. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Oh  say , Gnarbrah . You're becoming  a regular . Great [​IMG]  .

You will have to post your Marinade too (unless it is Family secret) [​IMG]. Your ranting about it has me curious [​IMG].

More Q-view and a addy. of your Pimento source  ,  that sounds good to me too [​IMG].

Have fun and . . .

11. Mmmm looks yummy.  How much that Sack of pimento run ya?

Scott