Jerk Chimichurri Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xray

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 11, 2015
Northeast PA
My herb garden has been overflowing as of late so I decided to trim up some parsley and oregano for a fresh chimichurri. I already had two chicken breasts thawed in the fridge so I decided to combine a jerk style chicken with it.

Two chicken breasts dry rubbed with Island Spice Jerk seasoning. These dry brined 8 hours in the fridge.
IMG_4857.jpg

Trimmed parsley (flat leaf and curly) and oregano
IMG_4858.jpg

Herbs were placed in a food processor with 3 cloves of garlic, 3T red wine vinegar, a large pinch of red pepper flakes and salt/pepper. Pulse to roughly chop, then mix in about 1/2c. EVOO.
IMG_4859.jpg

Chicken breast are pulled off the grill once they reached 160F. Carryover will take them to 165.
IMG_4860.jpg

Plated and time to eat. Served with roasted asparagus from a relative's farm and garlic bread.
IMG_4861.jpg

IMG_4866.jpg

This was very good. The slight bit of sweetness in the jerk rub complimented the chimichurri nicely. This will be something I look forward to making again. Also, my dill has been growing like crazy so I made up some quick refrigerator dills.
IMG_4855.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Joe

My herb garden has been overflowing as of late so I decided to trim up some parsley and oregano for a fresh chimichurri. I already had two chicken breasts thawed in the fridge so I decided to combine a jerk style chicken with it.

Two chicken breasts dry rubbed with Island Spice Jerk seasoning. These dry brined 8 hours in the fridge.
View attachment 450832

Trimmed parsley (flat leaf and curly) and oregano
View attachment 450831

Herbs were placed in a food processor with 3 cloves of garlic, 3T red wine vinegar, a large pinch of red pepper flakes and salt/pepper. Pulse to roughly chop, then mix in about 1/2c. EVOO.
View attachment 450830

Chicken breast are pulled off the grill once they reached 160F. Carryover will take them to 165.
View attachment 450829

Plated and time to eat. Served with roasted asparagus from a relative's farm and garlic bread.
View attachment 450828
View attachment 450835

This was very good. The slight bit of sweetness in the jerk rub complimented the chimichurri nicely. This will be something I look forward to making again. Also, my dill has been growing like crazy so I made up some quick refrigerator dills.
View attachment 450833

Thanks for looking.

Joe

My parents might be moving to your area, so next time I’m up there I’m stopping over for a plate. Thanks in advance Joe!

That is a great looking meal. The char on that chicken is perfect. The combo of flavors is interesting. The plating is money!! Very nice all around.

Joe, That looks Fantastic, I love those flavors

Gary

Dang that looks tasty for sure and nice touch on the fresh garden items!!!

OMG Joe. That is an absolutely spectacular, magazine quality, and carousel worthy meal right there my friend. Excellent job and a big LIKE. Those chicken breasts are just to die for but that chimichurri is breathtaking!!

Robert

Hell yeah Joe that looks awesome man! Perfect grill marks on that chicken and fresh chimichurri on top? Don't mind if I do. Nice presentation as well. Should be front and center!

Now that one fine looking plate of chicken right there. Excellent Job Joe

Point for sure
Chris

Looks delicious bud
Looks awesome! Nothing like using you own herbs!

Thanks guys!

looks delicous Joe, can I get a pickle on the side.

Thanks Jim and you sure can!

Hmmm would of not put jerk and chimichurri together, but may have to try it

Thanks Kevin! It paired together surprisingly well. The dry rub is more subtle than marinating the chicken in jerk seasoning. If I marinaded I think that would have been too much going on here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky