• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Jeff's bacon wrapped turkey tenderloins

nathanjwtx

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 6, 2015
I'm having a panic now as they don't appear to be whole tenderloins. It looks like they've been cut in half. Any ideas on how that will impact the cooking time? :eek:

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Tenderloins cook fairly fast. When you hit an Internal temp of 165 they will be done.

nathanjwtx

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 6, 2015
Sorry about double post [emoji]128542[/emoji]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

mkriet

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 21, 2015
Just curious as I've never heard of such a thing, what is a turkey tenderloin?

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
They look delicious!

Point!

Al

nathanjwtx

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 6, 2015
Just curious as I've never heard of such a thing, what is a turkey tenderloin?
I hadn't either but I believe it's the equivalent of a chicken tender; the inner muscle under the breast.

nathanjwtx

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 6, 2015
They look delicious!

Point!

Al
I haven't brined anything before and was really surprised how moist and succulent the meat was. I imagined that soaking them in salty water would make them really salty but that wasn't the case. I've already been asked to do them again next year!

dannylang

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2014
great lookin tenderloin, maybe you just opened a new discovery.

dannylang

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
If you fine the bacon a little on the undercooked side, I have found when wrapping stuff in bacon, like ABT's and scallops, it helps to pre cook the bacon a bit...  these scallops were wrappen in my thick sliced bacon for 20 minutes at 350...  the bacon shrinks a bit...  gets cooked about 1/2 way...  and the finished scallops were perfect as was the bacon>...

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Looks great from here!

Disco

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
That recioe interested me when I saw it. Glad you tried it and liked it. Yours looks VERY good.

Gary

nathanjwtx

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 6, 2015
I kept smoker around 240 I think. They could've done with a wee bit more smoke on them but I was using my father-in-law's gas smoker and I wasn't overly familiar with it. Bacon was just cooked perfect.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.