Jeff's bacon wrapped turkey tenderloins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nathanjwtx

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 6, 2015
Dallas, TX
I'm having a panic now as they don't appear to be whole tenderloins. It looks like they've been cut in half. Any ideas on how that will impact the cooking time? :eek:

2b71910bbf56b1b4e6427d5d67042982.jpg

Just reached 155 after about 75 minutes.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Just curious as I've never heard of such a thing, what is a turkey tenderloin?

I hadn't either but I believe it's the equivalent of a chicken tender; the inner muscle under the breast.

They look delicious!

Point!

Al

I haven't brined anything before and was really surprised how moist and succulent the meat was. I imagined that soaking them in salty water would make them really salty but that wasn't the case. I've already been asked to do them again next year!

If you fine the bacon a little on the undercooked side, I have found when wrapping stuff in bacon, like ABT's and scallops, it helps to pre cook the bacon a bit...  these scallops were wrappen in my thick sliced bacon for 20 minutes at 350...  the bacon shrinks a bit...  gets cooked about 1/2 way...  and the finished scallops were perfect as was the bacon>...

I kept smoker around 240 I think. They could've done with a wee bit more smoke on them but I was using my father-in-law's gas smoker and I wasn't overly familiar with it. Bacon was just cooked perfect.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky