Jambalya dinner (with J-Views)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shoneyboy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 3, 2010
Denham Springs La
My neighbor's daughter had her wedding Saturday,  they had the rehearsal dinner Friday night. My wife and I offered to cook a Jambalaya for the rehearsal dinner to help out. The groom actually insisted on paying for it, after discussing it with the wife, we offered to make it a there wedding gift…… They were both very happy to accept the gift. We had about 30 people planning on eating, but I wanted to make sure that we had plenty enough food for everyone. So I cooked enough for 50 people. After everyone finished eating we wound up with about a gallon bag of left over…..Just about a perfect amount…….BTW, this was my first time cooking by myself. I have assisted cooking many many times over the years, but this was my first solo attempt, I have to say, I was very pleased how it came out…….. Here are the pictures………

Clean and re-oiled my small pot.....

Browning sausage......

Browning pork......

Browning chicken......

Browning the onions and bell peppers.......(Here is where I missed taking pictures of putting in the Mild Roytel Tomato's, Cream of mushroom soup and adding the meat back in .......)

Official taste tester says....." It's good "........

One last fluff to make it pretty.........

And this is what you get.........MMmmmmmm......

I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as they did the Jambalaya ......ShoneyBoy......

Reactions: bigt18
Looks great!

However, you must be tired of it by now. Feel free to send the left over gallon to me.

Disco

Great post dude and this from a Cajun country boy What knows his jumbalaya.  I do mine exactly like that only different.
biggrin.gif
  I season my pork pieces the day before and let them marinate over night making what we call griods.  brown the pork first remove it then brown the onions and sausage together in the pork drippins.  This builds the brown gravy.  all back in the pot and continue.  I've got lots of pictures videos and blog posts about cooking a 20 gallon jumbalays but this forum wont let me post them.

I am at work on the boat so I don't have access to my pictures  since I cant post links this is best I can do.  Sorry

Looks good!

Been too long since I made some jambalaya!

Hmmm?

Thinkin andoille, ham, and a third meat yet to be determined?  Shrimp if I feel rich, but maybe chicken? A little of each?

Thanks for the post!

Good luck and good smoking.

Last edited:
Nice job Shoney. Wasn't it a beautiful day for it too. I thought all day, today would've been great for a cooking.

Who's that sauve and debonair fella ya got holding the canoe paddle?

I been putting it off but you just pushed me over the edge, the store room with the pots and pans gets cleaned out this week. I'll see what I have still over there.

Great job, ya did yaself proud! I bet the future newlyweds were happy with your offering.

My neighbor's daughter had her wedding Saturday,  they had the rehearsal dinner Friday night. My wife and I offered to cook a Jambalaya for the rehearsal dinner to help out. The groom actually insisted on paying for it, after discussing it with the wife, we offered to make it a there wedding gift…… They were both very happy to accept the gift. We had about 30 people planning on eating, but I wanted to make sure that we had plenty enough food for everyone. So I cooked enough for 50 people. After everyone finished eating we wound up with about a gallon bag of left over…..Just about a perfect amount…….BTW, this was my first time cooking by myself. I have assisted cooking many many times over the years, but this was my first solo attempt, I have to say, I was very pleased how it came out…….. Here are the pictures………

Clean and re-oiled my small pot.....

Browning sausage......

Browning pork......

Browning chicken......

Browning the onions and bell peppers.......(Here is where I missed taking pictures of putting in the Mild Roytel Tomato's, Cream of mushroom soup and adding the meat back in .......)

I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as they did the Jambalaya ......ShoneyBoy......
"Small pot" How big's the big pot??? Great looking Jambalaya Shoney Boy!

What a very lovely wedding gift to a couple!

That is one of the nicest things I've heard of. BRAVO to you!

Very beautiful stuff! (I think the nicest thing you can give another is a fabulous meal).

It looked terrific! Cheers! - Leah

Looks good Shoneyboy! Nice cooking pot too!
Thanks

If that's your small pot, i would really like to see you BIG pot

Gary
I have to get it out and get a picture of it for you......That one is a 15gal or a 20, I don't remember....
Nice looking , going to get some hot sauce, some bread and be right over
Come on by, I'll cook you a fresh pot........

Nice job Shoney. Wasn't it a beautiful day for it too. I thought all day, today would've been great for a cooking.

Who's that sauve and debonair fella ya got holding the canoe paddle?

I been putting it off but you just pushed me over the edge, the store room with the pots and pans gets cleaned out this week. I'll see what I have still over there.

Great job, ya did yaself proud! I bet the future newlyweds were happy with your offering.
Oh, that would be me......They were very happy with it.......

You use dat secret cheek meat?
Unfortunately I did not, I used Boston Butt....I could not get my hands on any cheek meat......I have never used it, but I really have heard that it makes it better........

"Small pot" How big's the big pot??? Great looking Jambalaya Shoney Boy!
I'll have to get a picture of it to post.........

Thanks everyone, it was a very big confidence builder......I can't wait till the next one........ShoneyBoy

My neighbor's daughter had her wedding Saturday, they had the rehearsal dinner Friday night. My wife and I offered to cook a Jambalaya for the rehearsal dinner to help out. The groom actually insisted on paying for it, after discussing it with the wife, we offered to make it a there wedding gift…… They were both very happy to accept the gift. We had about 30 people planning on eating, but I wanted to make sure that we had plenty enough food for everyone. So I cooked enough for 50 people. After everyone finished eating we wound up with about a gallon bag of left over…..Just about a perfect amount…….BTW, this was my first time cooking by myself. I have assisted cooking many many times over the years, but this was my first solo attempt, I have to say, I was very pleased how it came out…….. Here are the pictures………

Clean and re-oiled my small pot.....

Browning sausage......

Browning pork......

Browning chicken......

I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as they did the Jambalaya ......ShoneyBoy......
Great looking Jamb!

Instead of Boston Butt, try using temple meat. Its available most AG stores around. I know that Murrays in St Amant has it. Its incredibly tender and meaty flavored.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky