Jambalaya. (Zatarains with Smoked Turkey Sausage)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Jambalaya (Zatarains with Smoked Turkey Sausage)

This is the first time I ever used Turkey Sausage for anything, but it wasn’t bad.
I've always preferred Beef & Pork, before anything With Feathers.
However My Covid caused shopping shortage made a substitution on the Sausage we ordered.

This Zatarain’s “One Pot” makes it easy, the way I like it.
All We did was cut up a Ring of Smoked Turkey Sausage, and put that in the Pot with a can of Diced Tomatoes.
And Dump the contents of the Zatarain’s Jambalaya in & follow the instructions.

This is Great stuff, but after a couple nights it started getting a bit dry, so I added some Pork Gravy to what was left.
That took care of the Dry, Pasty texture problem.

This was good for a few nights of meals for Me & Mrs Bear.

Thanks for Looking!

Bear

All the ingredients We Used:
IMG_6252.jpeg

Cut up the Sausage into small pieces:
IMG_6253.jpeg

Mix everything up & follow directions on the Box---Real Easy:
IMG_6254.jpeg

Bear's First Dish:
IMG_6255.jpeg

Second Night, I used a Bowl to keep it hot longer, and hollowed it out in the middle to add some Pork Gravy to moisten it up a Bit:
IMG_6256.jpeg

That Pork Gravy did the Trick---Moistened it up real good!!
IMG_6257.jpeg

looks good and the gravy add sounds real good. I do little ours different. in Insta pot I add chopped onion, bell pepper, jalapeno or what ever suits me. sautee mode with butter. add chicken stock instead of water deglaze pot , add rice. set on meat for 15 min or so. turns out real tastey and easy. wife happy cause it's turkey.

Sounds like a success ... and simple!

Were the diced tomatoes an extra add? Not on the ingredients list of the box?
(We would probably use Red Gold diced tomatoes since our son-in-law works for them. LOL)

That's a great meal . All the Zatarains stuff is good . Those were some nice add ins too .
:emoji_thumbsup:

Looks tasty my friend, I could sure stand a bowl or two... that Zatarains is some good stuff!

Looks Tasty to Me, We make it a lot but use Kielbasa

Gary

Looks Good. Since my wife won't eat pork products we use a lot of turkey and chicken a sausage products in our dishes. Usually Aidells or Open Nature brand. Both have a good Italian and smoked andouille.

We did an order the other day and forgot to put nu substitutions. Ordered 14oz cans of diced tomatoes. Ended up with 32oz cans! Needless to sy we'll be making lots of tomato dishes

The wife has more or less converted me to turkey sausage - for the store bought stuff. But the homemade pork sausage in various forms is still OK. Thankfully.

looks good and the gravy add sounds real good. I do little ours different. in Insta pot I add chopped onion, bell pepper, jalapeno or what ever suits me. sautee mode with butter. add chicken stock instead of water deglaze pot , add rice. set on meat for 15 min or so. turns out real tastey and easy. wife happy cause it's turkey.

Thank You PH69 !!
Yours Sounds Great!!
I'm not much of a cook, so this kind of thing works good for me.

Bear

Looks good Bear! I bet that pork gravy added some flavor to it too!.

Thank You Travis!
Yup, the Pork Gravy was a Great Booster!!
And Thanks for the like.

Bear

Sounds like a success ... and simple!

Were the diced tomatoes an extra add? Not on the ingredients list of the box?
(We would probably use Red Gold diced tomatoes since our son-in-law works for them. LOL)

Thank You SG !!
We added that to get it more Juicy.
I would like some Shrimp in it too, but that's a NO-NO for Mrs Bear.

Bear

That's a great meal . All the Zatarains stuff is good . Those were some nice add ins too .
:emoji_thumbsup:

Thank You Rich!!
And For the Like.

Bear

Jambalaya (Zatarains with Smoked Turkey Sausage)

This is the first time I ever used Turkey Sausage for anything, but it wasn’t bad.
I've always preferred Beef & Pork, before anything With Feathers.
However My Covid caused shopping shortage made a substitution on the Sausage we ordered.

This Zatarain’s “One Pot” makes it easy, the way I like it.
All We did was cut up a Ring of Smoked Turkey Sausage, and put that in the Pot with a can of Diced Tomatoes.
And Dump the contents of the Zatarain’s Jambalaya in & follow the instructions.

This is Great stuff, but after a couple nights it started getting a bit dry, so I added some Pork Gravy to what was left.
That took care of the Dry, Pasty texture problem.

This was good for a few nights of meals for Me & Mrs Bear.

Thanks for Looking!

Bear

All the ingredients We Used:
View attachment 481013

Cut up the Sausage into small pieces:
View attachment 481015

Mix everything up & follow directions on the Box---Real Easy:
View attachment 481016

Bear's First Dish:
View attachment 481017

Second Night, I used a Bowl to keep it hot longer, and hollowed it out in the middle to add some Pork Gravy to moisten it up a Bit:
View attachment 481018

That Pork Gravy did the Trick---Moistened it up real good!!
View attachment 481019
You can't go wrong with Zatarains.

Looks good bear. Zatarains makes some really good stuff and the things you can do to doctor them up is endless

Thank You Jake!!
Appreciate that.

Bear

Looks tasty my friend, I could sure stand a bowl or two... that Zatarains is some good stuff!

Thank You Justin!!
Easy too---Even for me!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky