1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Jambalaya Basic w/ Q-view

Discussion in 'Nose to Tail' started by foamheart, Nov 23, 2013.

1. CharlotteLovesFood

CharlotteLovesFood Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I love this post! This is right up my street! (Something I would really love) Thank you so much for sharing it...cant wait to get my jambalaya on! :p:D

foamheart likes this.
  2. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

If you enjoy cooking, its always fun and never hard, just sometimes a bit challenging to learn.

Heck BDSkelly can now do jambalaya and gumbos just like a real coonazz. Its all about fresh, and the tastes you like.

CharlotteLovesFood likes this.
  3. bdskelly

bdskelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Only because of you Kev. Truth is ....follow Kevs recipes and your life will improve.
    Fresh Fresh Fresh. And ..by the way... it takes 2 beers time to make a proper medium dark roux.
    Very proud to be designated as an Irish / Coonazz. An honor. Worked hard to get there!Thanks Kev. B

CharlotteLovesFood and foamheart like this.
  4. WaterinHoleBrew

WaterinHoleBrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Thanks for the post Foam! My Dad has been wanting jambalaya for a while now... he spent a bit of time down in Louisiana & loved the food! Thanks to you, I was able to make some good ol jambalaya for him last night! I appreciate ya sharing your knowledge with us!

5. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I was rereading your jambalaya thread for about the umpteenth time and stopped cold at the quote below...

It's no wonder the South lost..... LOL......

Interstate -10.png

6. idahopz

idahopz Smoking Fanatic

Oh man that looks good - jambalaya or gumbo, I love it all

7. foamheart

Your kidding me , right? Irish in New Orleans? Whats the biggest bar in the quarter? Pat O'briens, that's a good Germany bar right? How can you think Cajun without Catholics and we all know about Irish Catholics. Heck used the be the biggest partys were always held in the Irish Channel (best fights too!)!

8. foamheart

You are mostest welcome, I always assumed it was why we all shared. Glad to help with your father's Day. I am sure you had your sous chefs in there helping you. Thats the best Fathers day present I can imagine.

Next you'll have to fix him a gumbo!

9. foamheart

Thats right them Yankee's put tomatoes and seafood in their jambalaya. Makes ya wonder 'bout 'em.

10. foamheart

Lost! Thats cheatin drunk Grant told Lee he was a blacksmith and would sharpen Lee's sword for him. He took his sword and sneaked out the back door!

11. foamheart

Thanks man, Jambalaya and gumbo are the same as ham & cheese sandwiches here. Once a week at least.

12. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

That was a FANTASTIC post Kev. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it--both the history and the how-to. Definitely puts a whole new slant on how I'll be making mine in the future. Yours sounds a whole lot better than what I've cobbled together in the past.
    'Fraid I have to agree with Dave. Ain't much space south of I-10. LOL
    Most Point Worthy post I've read in a long time.
    Thanks
    Gary

13. Hi Foam, I've been away from the forum for a while, good to hear from you. This is basi

14. Hi Foam, I've been away from the forum for awhile. I did my first smoke on father's day since knee replacement surgery in October. Enjoyed this post. This is basically the way I cook my Jambalaya although I haven't used the chicken crystals. Some one asked me once how long to boil the meat. I told him you boil the meat until you run out of beer.