Jamaican Jerk Chicken Sausage w/pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

worktogthr

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 3, 2013
Massapequa, NY (Long Island)
Well...on a little bit of sausage kick lately. Got a great deal on boneless skinless chicken thighs the other night and they had habeneros on sale and that got me thinking about jerk chicken and then I started thinking about jerk chicken sausage. Adapted a jerk pork sausage recipe from Len Poli's formulations. Decided with the help of some
SMFers to omit the cure and just make these fresh sausages which I will later grill over charcoal or hot smoke.

Cubed up 5 pounds of the thighs:

Took out the seeds and stems and diced up the habeneros with gloves on!

Mixed up the seasoning with cold water and the habeneros:

Added a half cup of NFDM:
Mixed until texture felt right and fried up a test patty:

Realized that I omitted the cure so it needed a little more salt so I added that to the mix.

Put it in the fridge overnight while the casings were soaking since a couple days ago

This morning I began the stuffing:

Then linked them up:

The test patty was great besides needing some salt. Awesome jerk flavor and some serious but flavorful heat from the haberneros. I'll be back soon with the cooked pics. Thanks for looking!

-Chris

Chris they do look tasty,but out of my league. Old mans stomach burnt out years ago.Show us the money shot.I'll be watching

Richie

Gotta try this some time soon. Very creative!!

Thanks so much! Saw the habernos and it sparked my interest.

Chris they do look tasty,but out of my league. Old mans stomach burnt out years ago.Show us the money shot.I'll be watching
Richie

Thanks Richie! I have a pretty good tolerance for heat but I am cursed with acid reflux. So I can't eat these too often!

WT, Sound wicked hot with the habs in there ! Nice looking sausage !

Thanks so much! They are hot but took the seeds and stems out so the flavor is real good without burn your face off heat!
Oh yea. Nice job

Thanks so much!

Great minds think alike.  I had taken that same recipe from Len Poli and did the same thing and made jerk chicken sausage.  The flavor is great.  Try making up a pineapple or mango salsa and put that on top.  Cuts the heat a bit and adds a unique island tasting flare to them.

Last edited:
Thanks Richie! I have a pretty good tolerance for heat but I am cursed with acid reflux. So I can't eat these too often!

Chris I take Omeprazole for that,I get it at Sams

Richie

I missed this one, But found it now. Those look tasty Mmmm   
points1.png

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky