1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Jalapeño poppers.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 73saint, May 15, 2019.

1. 73saint

73saint Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I picked a pile of banana and jalapeño peppers from my garden today. Then I chopped some green onion, mixed some guajillo adobo sauce and some cream cheese, and sliced up some tenderloin from a buck I killed this season. Took out a pack of my home made pecan smoked bacon, and here we are.
    14665EE1-345F-4651-937D-1FAE14A15698.jpeg
    Cut the peppers in half and de seeded. Then I mixed the guajillo, green onion and cream cheese to taste, and sliced up some nice pieces of tenderloin.
    DD9A192F-E4EB-48A2-B278-044D93203540.jpeg
    All wrapped and skewered, ready for the weber kettle and some charcoal.

8A58B20E-591D-41EE-9B7D-82394D1A1889.jpeg
    And now they are ready for our bellies!!

Jabiru, tallbm, SmokinAl and 5 others like this.
  2. smokerjim

smokerjim Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

looks awesome, bet they're mighty tasty.

3. 73saint

73saint Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

They were so good and tender. Once you removed the toothpicks, you could take a bite, and the pepper, meat and bacon pulled perfectly. Just delish. One of my favorite grill treats. Not easy, a challenge to cook properly but oh so worth it.

4. bertman

bertman Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Can't believe you're already harvesting peppers. It will be some time in June before we can even hope to see peppers.

Looks tasty!

73saint likes this.
  5. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Master of the Pit Group Lead

Jeeze... you already got peppers..here I am hoping I can get a few plants to produce this year so I have habaneros for salsa!!!

I'll take a few to..sample though! Looks good! :)

jokensmoken and 73saint like this.
  6. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Love that combo!!
    Nice work!
    Al

7. jokensmoken

jokensmoken Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I'm jealous...we just planted this weekend and you're harvesting already.
    Those look amazing...
    What "was" called an ATB has gone in so many different directions; I love the imagination of the "chefs" and their willingness to share their creations...
    Walt

TomKnollRFV and 73saint like this.