Jalapeño poppers.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

73saint

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 8, 2017
Near New Orleans La
I picked a pile of banana and jalapeño peppers from my garden today. Then I chopped some green onion, mixed some guajillo adobo sauce and some cream cheese, and sliced up some tenderloin from a buck I killed this season. Took out a pack of my home made pecan smoked bacon, and here we are.
14665EE1-345F-4651-937D-1FAE14A15698.jpeg
Cut the peppers in half and de seeded. Then I mixed the guajillo, green onion and cream cheese to taste, and sliced up some nice pieces of tenderloin.
DD9A192F-E4EB-48A2-B278-044D93203540.jpeg
All wrapped and skewered, ready for the weber kettle and some charcoal.

8A58B20E-591D-41EE-9B7D-82394D1A1889.jpeg
And now they are ready for our bellies!!

They were so good and tender. Once you removed the toothpicks, you could take a bite, and the pepper, meat and bacon pulled perfectly. Just delish. One of my favorite grill treats. Not easy, a challenge to cook properly but oh so worth it.

I'm jealous...we just planted this weekend and you're harvesting already.
Those look amazing...
What "was" called an ATB has gone in so many different directions; I love the imagination of the "chefs" and their willingness to share their creations...
Walt

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky