Jacob

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jabbq

Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
Hi my name is Jacob,

I'm fairly new to cooking bbq, but I've been cooking in conventional kitchens for the majority of my teenage years and the better part of my twenties.  I live in Kansas City, MO and enjoy great barbecue nearly every weekend.  I hope to learn the art well and would love to compete for some medals! 

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

You will enjoy reading some great posts, and use the search feature any time you want to find some helpful tips on anything you smoke or grill. Welcome from Lee's Summit!

MERRY CHRISTMAS from GARY in EAST TEXAS

Hey Jacbb, new myself. Have really picked up alt of good ideas. Picked something from a contest winner here in Shreveport. Guy had won the event with some pulled pork, nicely smoked fall off the bone, you know.

Ask him what he used for smoke. He said he throws a couple hands full of Pecans shells and that does it for him. Must be good sized hands. Going to give it a shot. Let u know!!!

You will enjoy reading some great posts, and use the search feature any time you want to find some helpful tips on anything you smoke or grill. Welcome from Lee's Summit!
Ah Lee's Summit! Not too far from where I am.  & thanks for the tip!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky