I've been grounded from the q

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have largely relagated my smoker to cooking my meals for work. My wife has told me age doesn't like the Smokey flavor too much. I assume once I learn more and practice and get flavors better she will be more open to it. However she would eat something I cooked on it if I told her hey I want this for dinner. She knows her place in things ;). Jk!!!

Actually we are pretty good about compromising on things.

I'm lucky mine doesn't complain about me smoking too much she complains I don't smoke enough

I feel for you, resstealth.

My daughter says our MES is the best investment we've ever made, and as long as I keep cold smoking cheese, I'm convinced my wife will never leave me. Are you smoking only the standard meats? If so, try something different, like cheese, salmon, almonds, or sweet potatoes. Heck, smoked chicken and smoked salmon can be added to salads, among other things.There's gotta be something you can smoke that is different from everything else she has tried.

Very tricky and delicate situation,   I had a similar situation about 30 years ago, My wife's sister, kids and idiot husband we down for a visit. Back then they were use to eating bland no tasting food.

I had grilled several things and my wife also prepared some side dishes, We all sat down to eat and after a couple of minutes my idiot brother-in -law says " I don't like this" my wife and I looked at each other kinda of stunned and she knowing me well enough to know I was going to say something. She was right. I said " In the first place you are a rude sob, if you don't like it just say I.m not hungry or don't feel well or just take a couple of bites and say I'm done." Second you have a car in the drive, get in it and go find you something you like. I kept eating, he got up and went outside, I believe they cut their stay short and went home the next day.  So you have to handle it carefully and with finesse !!!!!!

Gary S

Ahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahaaaaa!!!

Exactly! With finesse Gary!

Eh I just laid the law down. We were sitting in the living room and I said I was smoking some chicken this weekend. Of course her mom pipes up about her, her boyfriend and my wife's brother are burnt out on q. I told them they're living in MY house, I pay all the bills, and if they said another word they would take their sorry arses to work and pay me rent or find another place to live. Also told them to quit wasting their food stamps on stupid crap and buy themselves some real food. They had to get good stamps a few years ago because I got tired of them eating my food so I keep a padlock on the kitchen fridge.
First off.

points.gif

2nd

beercheer.gif

and Thirdly

...............This has all the makings of a Reality show or Comedy Like Married with Children... keep up the goodwork.

You are the
439.gif
Don't listen to the
wife.gif
just be careful not to 
hit.gif
duel.gif
or you may be visited by
police2.gif
and BTW you are
first.gif
in my book

Very tricky and delicate situation,   I had a similar situation about 30 years ago, My wife's sister, kids and idiot husband we down for a visit. Back then they were use to eating bland no tasting food.

I had grilled several things and my wife also prepared some side dishes, We all sat down to eat and after a couple of minutes my idiot brother-in -law says " I don't like this" my wife and I looked at each other kinda of stunned and she knowing me well enough to know I was going to say something. She was right. I said " In the first place you are a rude sob, if you don't like it just say I.m not hungry or don't feel well or just take a couple of bites and say I'm done." Second you have a car in the drive, get in it and go find you something you like. I kept eating, he got up and went outside, I believe they cut their stay short and went home the next day.  So you have to handle it carefully and with finesse !!!!!!

Gary S
Dam dude... I would have paid good money to be at the table that night.

Thanks SQWIB,    Another funny brother-in law story. I use to work out of town a lot (in fact all over  the country. I had a fridge in my garage I kept full of beer, several different kinds, when I was home I would always stock it up and keep it full. I had been gone on one of my out of state trips for 3 or 4 weeks and when I go home you guessed it Brother-in law strikes again. The next day I went out to the garage and opened my fridge and EMPTY  nada, nothing. So me being the polite guy I am I went back in the house and asked what happened to all my beer? He said "I guess I drank it"  I said "you guess" it didn't drink its self. You need to go to the beer store and replace everything you drank. He said well when your here we drink it and you don't ask me to replace it. So I thought a minuet and said "so if I come to your house and drink up everything you have it would be alright" he said "yeah it'ed be o-k I don't have that much anyway" so I said hey don't worry about it. You want to take a ride to town, he said sure. I stopped at the hardware store bought a hasp and a padlock, then went to the beer store and bought 6 cases of beer. Got back installed my hasp, loaded the fridge and locked it up all with brother-in law watching. He said "I get it you don't want me drinking your beer" I said "see your smarter than you look" True Story

Gary S

Thanks SQWIB,    Another funny brother-in law story. I use to work out of town a lot (in fact all over  the country. I had a fridge in my garage I kept full of beer, several different kinds, when I was home I would always stock it up and keep it full. I had been gone on one of my out of state trips for 3 or 4 weeks and when I go home you guessed it Brother-in law strikes again. The next day I went out to the garage and opened my fridge and EMPTY  nada, nothing. So me being the polite guy I am I went back in the house and asked what happened to all my beer? He said "I guess I drank it"  I said "you guess" it didn't drink its self. You need to go to the beer store and replace everything you drank. He said well when your here we drink it and you don't ask me to replace it. So I thought a minuet and said "so if I come to your house and drink up everything you have it would be alright" he said "yeah it'ed be o-k I don't have that much anyway" so I said hey don't worry about it. You want to take a ride to town, he said sure. I stopped at the hardware store bought a hasp and a padlock, then went to the beer store and bought 6 cases of beer. Got back installed my hasp, loaded the fridge and locked it up all with brother-in law watching. He said "I get it you don't want me drinking your beer" I said "see your smarter than you look" True Story

Gary S
That's actually not funny (well the padlock part is) it blows my Mind, How can you even be near this guy, I have never heard such a selfish, self centered, ignorant, one sided response in my life.

Dude HATS OFF TO YA for not doing what I would have done.

Hopefully this guy has some redeeming qualities.

I don't anymore, When we go to Little Rock to visit my wife's Sister, I stay at my niece's and let her go visit, and he hasn't been back down here in 18 years, The really sad part is he taught his kids to be just like him, rude, no morals or values. I just can't be around people like that. Sad Sad Sad . 

Gary S

One more thing, I learned a long time ago not to waste my time on people like that, there are far better people to spend time with and enjoy. You can't always choose your relatives but you can darn well choose your friends and who you want to be around. 

Gary S

One more thing, I learned a long time ago not to waste my time on people like that, there are far better people to spend time with and enjoy. You can't always choose your relatives but you can darn well choose your friends and who you want to be around. 

Gary S
I totally agree.

My wake up call was when my buddy was diagnosed with MS.

Now I live by the rule that life us too short and there's not enough time to spend with the ones you care about, let alone the ones you don't.

Wow, brother, I just don't know what to say; other than keep showing them who wears the pants with the wallet inside.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky