I've been grounded from the q

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I may just do that water. Might cold smoke some cheese, smoke some almonds, hell I might just smoke some ice cream out of spite lol

"Well, you don't need a lock on the smoker anyway."

Aaaaaahahahhahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahaa!!!!!

I'm lmao over here! Poor guy is doing anything but living the dream and y'all got jokes!

Seriously though you did the right thing by laying down the law. Your house, your money, your smoker.... I'm not mathematician but seems like it all adds up to YOUR CALL bro.

My wife gets tired of smoked good every summer and she just tells me "I'm burnt out on bbq so just know you'll have to eat it all by yourself". I think that's more or less the right response. She's not telling me not to smoke it, just making sure I only make enough for me cause she's making something else.

Smoke on brother!

Holey Moley......first of all, GREAT thread and secondly.....it's only been up a few hours and already up to 2 pages of comments! I laughed so hard a few posts back I spit coffee out. OMFG.....what morons tell a guy who's paying for everything what he can or can't cook. I love the 'I'm gonna smoke ice cream just for spite' comment....LOL. Seriously, glad to see you laid out your feelings and if you wanna smoke something, just go do it and eat it all or take the rest to the homeless under the bridge with a 6 pack and have a party. I always keep a couple of Kraft Blue boxes of Mac 'N Cheese around for GF. In fact, making some ribs tonight 'cause I like 'em, so she might get a box. Sounds like you've taken all you're gonna take and I think you've been more than nice about it......Willie

"I always keep a couple of Kraft Blue boxes of Mac 'N Cheese around for GF. In fact, making some ribs tonight 'cause I like 'em, so she might get a box."

Hahahhahahahhahahaha!!!

This is probably the greatest thread ever!! I've been checking back regularly to see more responses! I'm still laughing at some of these comments!

Blue boxes of Kraft! Lmao!!

"I always keep a couple of Kraft Blue boxes of Mac 'N Cheese around for GF. In fact, making some ribs tonight 'cause I like 'em, so she might get a box."

Hahahhahahahhahahaha!!!

This is probably the greatest thread ever!! I've been checking back regularly to see more responses! I'm still laughing at some of these comments!

Blue boxes of Kraft! Lmao!!

LOL....yeah, she grew with that crap so it's a real 'comfort food' kind of thing. Gotta be the blue box original too.....not that fancy newer creamy sauce packet. That's not Mac & Cheese.....sighhhhhh

And people ask me why I moved to South America.Me and my wife compromise 50/50 most of the time.It helps that I know if I ever say this is what I want done it goes that way.My mother n law has lived with us over 10 years.I kicked her out of the kitchen years ago.great lady but cant cook a lick.My wife hates to cook but loves to clean the only thing she will not eat that I make is Milk Gravy I still make it.

My wife does like to make 3 things and does them fantastic Mexican Tamales,Pasole and Zuccini Bread.

I would have that smoker going 24/7 with a fan sucking the smoke into the house.Tell them any complaints there is the door.

Dan 

Holy mother of god this thread went viral lol. I hooked my laptop up to the living room tv this morning to do some research on recipes, and the different bbq quru models. Did it in the living room just to annoy all of them.

Holy mother of god this thread went viral lol. I hooked my laptop up to the living room tv this morning to do some research on recipes, and the different bbq quru models. Did it in the living room just to annoy all of them.
Would love to hear the comments at your house on the replys you recieved on here hahahahahahah.I like that you hooked it up to the TV.If my wife read english I would try it myself hahahahaha

Dan

Aaaaaaaaahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaaa!!!!

" I hooked my laptop up to the living room tv this morning to do some research on recipes, and the different bbq quru models. Did it in the living room just to annoy all of them."

You are cracking me up! I can really see this whole story (your life) as a reality show!!

You are now my hero!
laugh1.gif

That is awesome!

Luckily my family can't get enough smoked meat, but if there was a complaint I would just vacuum pack it into single serve portions for me...... and let them figure out what to make for themselves!

..... as for crock pot ribs....
PDT_Armataz_01_32.gif
.... that is just plain wrong!

This is one funny read.  But I think I am crying just like the OP.  My wife wanted to cook a couple of chicken breast and we have some asparagus and fresh yellow squash.  I went to the garage to pull the smoker out and was tole "no" I want to cook it inside.  My reply was that the smoker would make a lasting oder in the house and I got "the look".

So now I have squash in a pot, asparagus in a pot and chicken in the skillet.

From a woman's standpoint-tell her to fix her meal, you'll fix yours!

I'd hate to think what she'd say if you told her what to eat/cook... Go ahead, tell her she can only eat salads for the next month and see how long before the divorce papers show up at the door!!!

lol, seriously, though, my husband and I eat completely different (except when it comes to me smokin, we ALL eat that!!) I have recently taken a high profile, demanding job an hour away. I come home7:30-8pm every night and he's either cooked dinner or is about to... He knows not to consider me, but always does... I never eat it, make my own and move on. His feelings aren't hurt because he knows it's not personal... Too bad more women aren't like me [emoji]128540[/emoji][emoji]128521[/emoji]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky