I've been grounded from the q

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

resstealth

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 19, 2014
Berea, KY
Wife told me today I wasn't allowed to smoke anything again until 4th of July. Apparently her dad used to smoke stuff all the time, and her, her mom, and her brother are burnt out on it. Borderline divorceable if you ask me.

Reactions: smokeusum
I know right. I swear if her mom and her idiot boyfriend makes their crappy croc pot ribs drowned in his god awful tomato paste he calls BBQ sauce they'll both be homeless .

Now you're talking! I'd have a piece of meat on that smoker right now.... just enough for one.

yea... I believe I would have to tell her.. "I'm sorry you feel that way Honey.. but I'm going to put something in the smoker this weekend... If you want some, GREAT, If not there's always Mickey D's" ...

yea... I believe I would have to tell her.. "I'm sorry you feel that way Honey.. but I'm going to put something in the smoker this weekend... If you want some, GREAT, If not there's always Mickey D's" ...

Who am I kidding.. I may wear the pants.. but she zips em up...

It's driving me nuts guys. Like her mom neither one have had a job and live in my house for free, but them and her brother are getting to dictate if I get to smoke or not

Eh I just laid the law down. We were sitting in the living room and I said I was smoking some chicken this weekend. Of course her mom pipes up about her, her boyfriend and my wife's brother are burnt out on q. I told them they're living in MY house, I pay all the bills, and if they said another word they would take their sorry arses to work and pay me rent or find another place to live. Also told them to quit wasting their food stamps on stupid crap and buy themselves some real food. They had to get good stamps a few years ago because I got tired of them eating my food so I keep a padlock on the kitchen fridge.

Reactions: sqwib
Well, you don't need a lock on the smoker anyway.

It sounds like, you smoke something = no dinner for them if they can't do something for themselves.

I know. It drives me nuts that I'm supposed to not do my hobby because of people that contribute absolutely nothing. I'm doing bacon wrapped chicken thighs for myself this weekend, they can all fend for themselves. I work too hard to have my life dictated by bums who are able bodied but too lazy to work.

I know. It drives me nuts that I'm supposed to not do my hobby because of people that contribute absolutely nothing. I'm doing bacon wrapped chicken thighs for myself this weekend, they can all fend for themselves. I work too hard to have my life dictated by bums who are able bodied but too lazy to work.

Atta Boy :grilling_smilie:

Atta Boy :grilling_smilie:

X2, but I'd smoke my breakfast, lunch, dinner & dessert just to piss em off...... Especially in your situation...... Just my 2 cents, ain't NOBODY gonna tell ME what to do in MY HOUSE, you don't like how I do things...... DON'T let the DOOR hit YA where The Good Lord Split YA ! If they can't respect you, your way of doing things in your own home, maybe they need a :Bottom: Sorry, gotta little carried away there.... Good Luck To Ya !!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky