Its that time my friends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

AmericanSmoker30

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 20, 2014
Southeast Texas
Good Morning from TExas

I got a 16lb gobbler thats been brining since 10 a.m. Plan on starting the bird around 2 or 3. Planning for a 10 hour at 225. Hopefully she does as good as last year. Making my own slather to rub her down before she goes in my MES 30. Shoot some pics soon. Any chat or pointers are always welcome.

I don't think it will take that long. If reheating Thursday, no big deal but for this afternoon , be prepared to hold it hot. At 225 and holding the skin will not be edible but you can freeze it and add to Beans for good flavor down the road...JJ

So here they are. Just pulled the gobbler off after 7 hours at 225. Breaston and thigh were great. Nice crisp on the skin. Happy wife means happier smoker. Hope you guys enjoy the pics. Got her wrapped up in foil and towels until I carve in a few hours. Happy Thanksgiving Fellow Smoking Enthusiasts

Looks great...Hold Hot, above 140, in a cooler for 4 hours or in a 150°F oven...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky