Doing my first batch of smoked sausage links in my Masterbuilt electric. Using the temp/timetable from the Best Practices thread.
- Preheat your smoker to 120° with no smoke
- Place the sausages into the preheated smoker and allow them to “dry out” for at least one hour at this temperature.
- Then, if the exterior of the sausage is fairly dry, add smoke and raise the temperature 10° to 130. Allow the sausages to smoke at this temperature for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, raise the temperature 10° to 140°.
- Each 30 minutes, raise the temperature 10° until you hit 170°. Don’t go much higher than this or you risk the fat rendering out of your sausage. That’s a bad thing.
- Continue cooking until the internal temperature of the sausage is 152°.