It's cold in Atlanta!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fpnmf

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 19, 2010
Fl
30 degrees here at 10:30 am.

Went out at 9 am to crank the MES to heat it up for smoking some tasty Chaurice.

Uh ohhh  got some sorta error message, tried to crank it several more times.....

Whew it's working now.

I will be a happy guy when this workmans comp thing ends and we move to Florida.

6 with wind chill, 12 last night and tonight, 24 for a high, be glad to retire and go back to just outside Houston!! 
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

30 degrees?? Sounds like a heat wave!!! I would be out by the smoker in my shorts and flip flops if I got some weather like that any time soon. hahaha Glad to hear the smoker finally started to work. Just needed a little kick start I guess.

Last edited:
It ain't so warm in FL either 40's with 15-22 mph wind gusts all day and going to the low 20's tonight. I know some of you get cold but I'm in Fl it's not supposed to get cold here
biggrin.gif

I'm only a couple of hours away from ATL and man, that wind was what got me. I've got both the Traeger and MES going with butts and ribs (ribs will be ready soon!!!) and both units are on my screened in back porch, but I'm running out to do only what I have to and that's it! I'm a woosie with cold weather. The only two good things about it to me is no aggravating gnats in my face and lots of good old comfort foods that are too filling in the summer.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Hmmm, I was only in GA one time in my life:

Ft Gordon--Nov & Dec of 1968.

They put us in squad size tents, and the pot bellied Kero burners were empty.

No blankets that first night either!

I slept in three sets of fatigues, and slid inside the freakin' matress cover!

I can remember sliding on ice covered water puddles there too.

I can also remember wondering why it was so cold in GA !

They fixed us right up---After we left GA, they sent us to a much warmer climate!

Bear

I hear ya. I grew up in some very cold temps. I do not like being cold.

My outdoor cooking stuff is on the back upper level porch. Kinda out of the wind.

Glad the Maverick is working.

Yup Yup...hot cider,tasty new sausage and I made peanut butter cookies with sugar coat and chocolate chips on top.

Bad part is I have to go to the Scout lodge tonite to pick up my popcorn.

I'm only a couple of hours away from ATL and man, that wind was what got me. I've got both the Traeger and MES going with butts and ribs (ribs will be ready soon!!!) and both units are on my screened in back porch, but I'm running out to do only what I have to and that's it! I'm a woosie with cold weather. The only two good things about it to me is no aggravating gnats in my face and lots of good old comfort foods that are too filling in the summer.
icon_mrgreen.gif

The view in my back yard this afternoon, 8+ inches and still snowing. If you can't stand the cold, put on a coat
icon_lol.gif

The good thing about it is that I am getting 17hrs of OT to go out and play in it. OK so that's PLOW, not play. 

e3fd270b_DSC01419.jpg

fpnmf and i grew up in upstate NY where it would get -45 (that's 45 degrees below zero, not counting wind chill!  Your eyeballs would freeze in 10 minutes or less!).  And snow?....

830e93b2_FreeParking.jpg

That's in Barnes Corners on Tug Hill.  My dad is standing in the snowbank and in the Scout waaay in back that's me in it @ 9 years old, lol!  The front car belongs to dad's friend who took the picture.

39782c4c_pic25_04.jpg

Going into Oswego... west of Adams Center..

23546d44_ScannedImage-4.jpg

Wife's cousin Jerry shoveling out his truck after getting stuck at our house for three days in a blizzard..

Pops,

That's near where my son goes for Salmon, and his buddies go snowmobiling.

Don't you miss that nice white stuff?---LOL

Bear

Last edited:
I dont miss it at all. Looking at those pictures bring back a lot of memories.

It's 27 here at 6:30.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky