Italian Sausage Calculator

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alelover

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
I have made quite a few batches of this recipe and everyone says it is pretty awesome. I have to agree. If I do say so myself. The weight of the meat always changes so instead of guessing all the time I took my recipe and put it in a Excel sheet so all I need to do is put in how many pounds of pork I got and Excel calculates the rest of the ingredients insuring my ratios are always the same. Fairly simple but it does take the thinking part out of it.
https://statich.smokingmeatforums.com/c/ce/ce33cec5_italiansausage.vnd.ms-office

Reactions: ab canuck
Looks-Great.gif

Looks good to me...JJ

Looks good, and I want to give it a try, but before I do...

for the first few ingredients you use "TSP" and the last couple of ingredients you use "tsp".  Are they both teaspoons are does the capitalized version TSP mean tablespoons?

TSP more commonly TBS, are Tablespoons...Great Question! Looking at the amounts, 1 Tablespoon Fennel per pound would be more common, compared to 1 tsp...JJ

Last edited:
Hi I'm a little confused\, so is which is it  right.I agree 1 Tablespoon of Fennel per 1lb, sounds about right? Then again I just love Fennel in my Italian sausage.

TSP more commonly TBS, are Tablespoons...Great Question! Looking at the amounts, 1 Tablespoon Fennel per pound would be more common, compared to 1 tsp...JJ

Thanks Dan

typically, T=tablespoon

t=teaspoon

make your life easier and your recipes better, buy a scale, train your eyes in ounces, oz., make recipes in batches of 6.25 # to start, why, 6.25---12.5-----25----50---100, do you see a pattern emerging? good luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky