It was time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Down to 3 hunks of cheese. Need to get the basics smoked up again.
20211015_073814.jpg

Ready to roll 4.5 hrs with Pecan dust.
20211015_074942.jpg

Fridge overnight
20211016_184603.jpg

Sealed up, ready for family and friends.
20211016_192049.jpg

Man that’s nice! I still have about a month until the weather lets me here, you got me psyched though. Thanks for sharing!

Good thing about cooler weather... cold smoking cheese weather! Yours looks good!

Ryan

That ought to keep you going for a while.
We haven’t got any cool weather yet, I will wait until Jan. or Feb. to do our cheese smoking.
Al

Real nice color there! I'm stocking up for my 2nd batch of the season. I'm assuming that pecan is a milder smoke? I usually use hickory or apple. Or both combined.

I need to re visit this . All mine has been to smokey in the past .
That looks really good .

Nice Batch of Smoky Cheese!! Like.
We're cooling down here too.
Supposed to be in the 30s here tonight.

Bear

Man that’s nice! I still have about a month until the weather lets me here, you got me psyched though. Thanks for sharing!
Yes, been waiting for the cool down.
Good thing about cooler weather... cold smoking cheese weather! Yours looks good!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, appreciate that.
Real nice color you got on your cheese. :emoji_thumbsup:
Thank you sir, and for the like.
Mid October to get into cold smoke season?
Normally there, but this year is another ear scratch of weather wow.
Yea, we had a couple days with highs in the 50's then right back up to upper 70 low 80's.
Looks great. That Colby is my all time favorite general eating cheese.
That is tops on my list also.
What was your cook temp?
It was upper 30's when I started it so I set the Auber at 55° just for a heat draw. Probably wouldn't have had to.
That ought to keep you going for a while.
We haven’t got any cool weather yet, I will wait until Jan. or Feb. to do our cheese smoking.
Al
It should for a while. Thanks for the like Al.
Real nice color there! I'm stocking up for my 2nd batch of the season. I'm assuming that pecan is a milder smoke? I usually use hickory or apple. Or both combined.
Thanks Steve... Yes the pecan is much more mild. That's why I gave it a little more time than normal. Only dust I had and didn't want to do the pellets.
I need to re visit this . All mine has been to smokey in the past .
That looks really good .
Thanks chop, if I do hickory or oak, I back down to about 3 hrs usually. Some family members prefer less smoke also.
Nice Batch of Smoky Cheese!! Like.
We're cooling down here too.
Supposed to be in the 30s here tonight.

Bear
Thank you Bear and for the like.

kilo charlie kilo charlie
kruizer kruizer
yankee2bbq yankee2bbq
forktender forktender
Johnny Ray Johnny Ray
JLeonard JLeonard
GATOR240 GATOR240
Thank you all for the likes, greatly appreciated.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky